• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worth it??

M
Nov 18, 2021
Idaho
Going to look at this sled tomorrow guy wants 600 for the sled and 350 for the trailer.. is it worth it.. I kinda looked at the sled the other day and noticed that the tube that goes between the two intakes is missing .I’m not sure what it’s called.. boost tube.. anyhow got ahold of him on the phone tonite he told me the sled runs.. would it run without the crossover tube?? Boost tube I dunno what it’s called..

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
It will run without that. Hard to say for price....lots to look for in a sled. Doesn't sound too bad as long as it's not a high mileage POS. Have a buddy that has a sled go with. Compression should be around 115 to 125 in both cylinders. Run it in the grass on a track stand or with the track up if no snow to make sure clutches and everything are working ok.

M
Nov 18, 2021
Idaho
It will run without that. Hard to say for price....lots to look for in a sled. Doesn't sound too bad as long as it's not a high mileage POS. Have a buddy that has a sled go with. Compression should be around 115 to 125 in both cylinders. Run it in the grass on a track stand or with the track up if no snow to make sure clutches and everything are working ok.
Thanks for the reply looked like it has around 2000 miles on it looked like the track was in decent shape. Needs hyfax front bumper.. it won’t damage the engine run lean without the tube on??

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
No, as long as those holes where the boost bottle goes are still shut or blocked off. Some sleds in that age didn't have it and some were aftermarket. Not a big difference with or without.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If the boost bottle knock-outs are still intact, then there are no issues in regards to that.

In other words, if a boost bottle actually never was installed (they did not come stock) on the sled, no worries.

Premium Features