• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wondering if anyone was using the 800HO AXYS motor in a different chassis??

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Has one bought a 2015 Polaris AXYS 800 H.O. sled so they could put the motor and wire harness in another chassis or project?

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381092

As for bolting the engine into another chassis. Anything I have read about that new chassis says one of the ways they eliminates weight was removing the motor mount plates. I have not seen this for myself yet. But I picking up a new axys pro s from the dealer today for my dads girlfriend. I will look and see what I see different.

If there is no motor mount plate I would assume it's bolted directly to the bulk head. May make it hard to transplant without some big modifications and custom work

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I've been fallowing that thread.
I was just wondering/wanting to see if anyone was using the motor in a different project???

155Assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Meridian, Idaho
Axys transplant

I don't believe that you can install an AXYS motor in an older chassis with out major mount modifications. The closest you will come is to rebuild an existing pro motor with the 600 race crank, VF3R reeds and cage. I added an RKT Top end which is closer to the new piston weight. I have mine in my 11 assault RMK, and the thing rocks....

Premium Features