• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winterizing a Boat

P
So I've been outta comission for a month now. I was gonna have my boat winterized before I put it away but I couldn't cuz I couldn't stand up. So it froze. Just got the news today its just one frost plug pushed out an an exhaust manifold cracked but can be welded. I tell you what a relief. Thought i was out a block or complete engine. Good lesson for next year. Winterized as soon as it comes outta the water.:eek:

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
The boat is still sitting in the driveway covered in a light layer of snow. Plan on going fishing this weekend if it isn't too cold. The Walleyes are biting like crazy here. Last year's late fall bite was the best fishing we EVER had. We just haven't had time to go out much YET.LOL

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
I sold my money pit a couple of years ago but back in the day, when it turned cold and I couldnt get around to winterizing or if I thought I would still use it a time or two I would just run an extension cord to it and hang a shop light with an incandescent bulb next to the block. Never had a problem.

B
Nov 7, 2001
Grand Coulee Wa
I used to work at a marina, we winterized about 250 boats at the end of the season. Had a few few people come in just like you every year, manifolds and freeze plugs were the norm and usually easy fixes. But those boats in the spring after running a few hard days seem to have issues, little water in the oil, cooling issues and such. like i said after a few good days running in the spring and not just on a set of muffs. hope your story ends better.

Premium Features