• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why so many OLD threads getting posted in?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
With the new format of the forum there sure is a LOT of threads that are 3,4,5+ years old getting new posts. And its not follow up kind of reply's, just a normal reply from someone that is seeing it for the first time.

Maybe its just me, but it just seems odd.

Anyone else notice this lately?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I think it is just the season ramping up. People search and end up on an old thread, it interests them and before they check the date they post. I have been guilty but now watch the dates for relevance. Just an easy mistake to make..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
With the new format of the forum there sure is a LOT of threads that are 3,4,5+ years old getting new posts. And its not follow up kind of reply's, just a normal reply from someone that is seeing it for the first time.

Maybe its just me, but it just seems odd.

Anyone else notice this lately?
You're not alone, I have seen it as well.
I think its a function of a MUCH BETTER search engine in the new forum, one that is EASIER to use and more accessible than the old one.
So people are simply finding the topics they are looking for, and the date goes unnoticed, or just doesn't matter.

I for one LOVE seeing some of the old threads coming back to life again.

This is what sets the FORUMS apart from all the social media sites.
Our Content is ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Quoting, "there sure is a LOT of threads that are 3,4,5+ years old getting new posts"

Because so little is happening in new threads.

OR maybe people realize they can search a topic and get a question answered without starting a new redundant thread.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I won't ever hate on SW. I was raised here since I was 13 and it was snowconditions. I'm 35 this year. It's been a run that I'll keep going as long as this is here. I just don't get to visit as often. Especially with tapatalk, it's way too easy to scan and miss stuff on the phone apps. I hardly fire up the laptop anymore and when I do it's so my daughter can do her homework or I can download the latest Lego movie for my boys to watch....my Saturdays at work are basically the only time I get to cruise the forum as it was intended.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I won't ever hate on SW. I was raised here since I was 13 and it was snowconditions. I'm 35 this year. It's been a run that I'll keep going as long as this is here. I just don't get to visit as often. Especially with tapatalk, it's way too easy to scan and miss stuff on the phone apps. I hardly fire up the laptop anymore and when I do it's so my daughter can do her homework or I can download the latest Lego movie for my boys to watch....my Saturdays at work are basically the only time I get to cruise the forum as it was intended.
TAPA is a MIXED BLESSING to be sure.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I think it is just the season ramping up. People search and end up on an old thread, it interests them and before they check the date they post. I have been guilty but now watch the dates for relevance. Just an easy mistake to make..

why is it a mistake to bump an old thread with a relevant reply to the topic if you were reading it? ?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Holy crap I’m getting old. I remember reading your posts and you were a teenager. Now your 35 with kids. WTH. :unsure:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Holy crap I’m getting old. I remember reading your posts and you were a teenager. Now your 35 with kids. WTH. :unsure:

Yeah that happened.

My Daughter and her 2019 600 Switchback Assault

c3b6d7201f7dd49eac40f65538ba8139.jpg

My boy and his Mountain 120

e34e93846075a19d8cd90c87449b29a8.jpg

And my youngest. First ride was over the holidays.

76b6f776ca9168c5492165cb1f170aae.jpg

Premium Features