• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why no M10 skids in turbo M sleds?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Can't say that i've ever seen a M10 skid used on a turbo M sled. Any specific reason? Seems like if a guy wanted to build a climber, M10 skid would be the ticket for keeping the front down. Proven in the 4 stroke world, but no love in the 2 strokes? Thoughts?

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Expensive and heavy. KMOD has a new skid in testing that I had a chance to ride on a TTM1200. Full coupling to control transfer and nice ride down the trail. Lighter and about half the price of a M10.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Betting you will see the Baker conversion in many sleds turboed and non this coming season.
003-8.jpg

Last edited:

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
We can do 159's set back for the 162's based off the oem rail(with extensions) they are currently $1900.00+install kit(been doing them that way for many years). We prefer to use the CR rail so we don't have to do the setback-works well and can always be upgraded in the future.Don't be tempted to extend all the way to 162 or beyond off the rail we use-you will have track overtensioning issues!Lots of options available that can be done down the road...all with years of testing and proving to back them.
By the way, imo the newer m-sleds stay pretty flat even with a little boost-I think thats why you don't see a bunch of them out there with M-10's and the like...
curt

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
i have ridden a m1200 t on big boost with an m10 a 174. it is a chute climber and the m10 keeps the nose planted at all times..... i didnt like it anywhere else but you point it up a chute and the nose stays down. i also had the privilege of riding with shane of twisted turbos m1200 t and he was running a Kmod with a 174 and it also did very well on the long steep stuff. the kmod is cheaper, lighter, and i believe its a great way to have the best of all worlds.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I've had one of FTX's sub $2k M10 on my Apex for years and it works like a champ. No matter how steep, lift was never an issue.

At 8lbs on a 153" M8, its a fight keeping the nose down. So if I do a race kit this summer, i definitely need some improvement over the stock skid. M10's a proven climbing skid in my book.

Premium Features