• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is the Alpha hood/intake such a pita to put on correctly?

B
Jul 28, 2008
Any tricks to do this easier? Incredible how difficult it is to do properly. I also remember someone last year with an intake kit that fixed this issue. Anyone know of this? Does putting a Silber turbo intake on help with this problem or?????? Thanks in advance

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Spray the rubber seal with silicon and make sure the tabs on the hood go into the intake.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
If your sled is a 19+ and with a turbo you shouldn't have any issues with the intake. Unless the kit for the 20s is different than the 18 and 19 the intake tube runs straight to the throttle bodies. So unless you are sucking up snow or water through the vents at the top, you won't have the issues like the NA sleds do with water ingestion.

D
Mar 9, 2014
Layton, Ut
If your sled is a 19+ and with a turbo you shouldn't have any issues with the intake. Unless the kit for the 20s is different than the 18 and 19 the intake tube runs straight to the throttle bodies. So unless you are sucking up snow or water through the vents at the top, you won't have the issues like the NA sleds do with water ingestion.
The 2020 kit is different from the 2019. They sent a plastic airbox similar to the stock airbox instead of a silicone Y pipe style intake.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Biggest complaint about the Alpha, poor quality hood and intake design. Not a smooth on and off process, allows snow ingestion, and on deep days sled chokes out.

B
Jul 28, 2008
Biggest complaint about the Alpha, poor quality hood and intake design. Not a smooth on and off process, allows snow ingestion, and on deep days sled chokes out.
So true.....and those who say "it's easy" probably have a bad seal right now that they'll only find out about next time they take it off.....lol

B
Jul 28, 2008
thanks bud

H
Jun 17, 2016
Norway
I have never had a problem putting my hood on the sled. (18 m8000). I now have turbo and still no problems.

I did smash my hood once as a stocker. Bought new parts and reassembled it. Checked with flashlight for any open spots, did find some. Mostly my fault since i didnt get everything in correct fit. Fixed it and no problem with the nose. Had a open spot inn each side around the middle of the hood, i did not do anything about it. Since it would be inside the enginebay

Premium Features