• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why does my Team secondary have TWO adjustment screws?

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Years ago, I replaced my original clutches that kept eating themselves with a Team secondary from Venom. Have always wanted to know why there is two different adjustment screws for setting deflection. I only see one screw on most clutches.

20230116_154145.jpg

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
It's a Team Tied, right? I have the same one. Not sure why it has two, but you have to adjust them both the exact same amount, or the sheave spacing will be uneven. You'll feel a vibration at high speed, and your belt will not last long at all. I recommend using a caliper gauge

Z
Apr 21, 2010
It's a Team Tied, right? I have the same one. Not sure why it has two, but you have to adjust them both the exact same amount, or the sheave spacing will be uneven. You'll feel a vibration at high speed, and your belt will not last long at all. I recommend using a caliper gauge
2 stronger than one, those adjustment screws were/are pretty weak. guess they DiD start shipping with 2 screws. I think you could always use a second threaded hole, it was there.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
The sled is my backup/ spring sled. Maybe 300 miles a season. Belt looked loose, tightened it up today using one adjuster bolt only. Can I just loosen up second bolt and match the amount of exposed threads, tighten nut and call it a day?

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
I wouldn't. Tried it that way the first time, belt didn't last 80 miles. Measured it with a caliper and found a noticeable difference. I recommend taking the time to get it perfect

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Those adjustment screws only sets belt deflection at idle and nothing more. As soon as the clutch opens up even the smallest amount the screw ends losses contact with the other sheave. So any vibration at speed would have to come from something else.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
You can tighten one and when deflection is where you want it- run the other in to just touch the washer your running into.
I generally go 1/4 turn on each evenly at a time till I get my deflection I want... Same results

If you snap one or both off no big deal- your belt will squeal at idle, but once engaged and moving it's all goes away-
It can though be so tight at startup the sled can move forward just at a idle, and become difficult to start with the drag now from the secondary having deflection to tight ,
I had a rider have his back out all the way and lost the retaining nut, and she was pretty tight. Not the end of the world

Last edited:
Premium Features