• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running who's big bore

Feb 14, 2010
Add a Diamond S titanium can and lose 12.5 lbs and there is only 8.5 lbs difference.
And the expert package is I think at least 10 lbs lighter then the freeride.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Add a Diamond S titanium can and lose 12.5 lbs and there is only 8.5 lbs difference.
And the expert package is I think at least 10 lbs lighter then the freeride.
I thought that if you put an aftermarket can on the factory turbo, you would loose your warranty though...

Feb 14, 2010
they can not tell, they have tested the can, no codes what so ever come up, no codes how can they tell? put the stock can back on if you need warranty.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
they can not tell, they have tested the can, no codes what so ever come up, no codes how can they tell? put the stock can back on if you need warranty.

Certain parts have lacquered paint on the bolts that if the seal is broken than the warranty is done. Same as the computer. It was already posted in a bulletin by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2010
you only take off 2 bolts, and they do not have any lacquer paint on them, most people do not even own one, and do not know what they are talking about, i have one and do know.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Certain parts have lacquered paint on the bolts that if the seal is broken than the warranty is done. Same as the computer. It was already posted in a bulletin by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you had a problem and took the can off to work on something for a valid reason your warranty would be void? Sorry, don’t think so.

Feb 14, 2010
Right, what if you have to get into the chain case? you have to take the can out, now your warranty is void? only a fool listens to a fool.

Feb 14, 2010
Easier muffler removal
850T
Pull 2 mount bolts, pull panel screw, pull pipe doughnut, tip pipe/turbo up an inch, slide muffler out...
*leave the 6 bolts in down tube
takes about 5 minutes and muffler is out, for those that might want to change their helix and
pull the jack shaft.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
So if you had a problem and took the can off to work on something for a valid reason your warranty would be void? Sorry, don’t think so.

I know dealers have to wait to get clearance from BRP to break that lacquered paint seal to work on certain parts of the sled.
Look into it, I know of one sled that sat at a dealer for two weeks getting clearance to work on it, the head mechanic told me what they had to do to get the clearance.

There was a BRP document posted on a forum from a dealer about the lacquered bolts.

I have a turbo snow checked BTW.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Oh That`s great you will love it, Yes I am sure there are bolts that are painted like plugs into the ECU, bolts on the turbo, ECT, but none for taking off the can. and yes I am sure they do not want any one putting a tune in and then something goes wrong and they want warranty.
same as the clutches you can change the ramps and springs and helix, gearing, changes to suspension , all which I have done. good luck with your new turbo.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Ya honestly who cares...the things have been balls on reliable and they just rip. I could give rats butt about the warranty, the thing is the most fun sled I have ever owned. I have had some great big bores and they just aren’t even in the game with this thing. It hits like the hammers off the bottom and runs like a raped ape on the big end. It was a can, some minor setup, Enzo suspension and a little clutch weight away from being a mountain killer. I can’t wait to see what the 175 does

Feb 14, 2010
yes you are right, I wanted better driveability so i changed the ramps, the stock ramps profile hold back from letting it up shift up to about 5500 -6000 RPMS very annoying
going down a road at 25 klms. and to high of engagement for my likeing, have it down to 3000 Rpms. way better driveability when going up the trail at low speeds, clutch is not engaging and disengaging. easier on belts at engagement with rpms being lower.
the different ramp profile loads the engine at lower rpms, the stock ramps were made for 8000 feet, and work just fine, but i ride from 2000 to 6500 feet. and can have a 25 klm road ride to get to the mountains.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
It also sounds like the Doo Facory design results in virtually no lag...will have to try it out for myself.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Spoke with Trygstad, he will no do a sled for low elevation.... oh well on to the next guy.
Yes speedwerx is the best set-up but $$$..
This sled is for mountain riging but the Eastern side of the U.S. is not quite as high as the West

Likely there is a dealer for his kits near you. Just have them install it and you wont have to deal with him.

Premium Features