• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running who's big bore

C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
Thinking of starting conversations with Trygstad motor sports... with a jaws pipe and a diamond s quite titanium muffler and using trygstad clutching. I ride at low elevation 1500-4000 ft. Comments and recommendations please!

M

Moon SOB

Oct 13, 2016
Me too, I have emailed Trygstad motor sports numerus times and they never got back to me. I use a Jaws pipe as well and would prefer the Trygstad 927 big bore kit over a turbo for my 2017 Renegade 850. Like you I only ride at lower elevations like the Michigan UP. I asked them about a low elevation 927 kit and I am still waiting for them to reply.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Serious question....

what is the advantage or perceived attractiveness to a big bore when you can buy a factory turbo sled with warranty? I see that question is somewhat included in the above post (low elevations) but I’m referring to mountain riding.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Serious question....

what is the advantage or perceived attractiveness to a big bore when you can buy a factory turbo sled with warranty? I see that question is somewhat included in the above post (low elevations) but I’m referring to mountain riding.

Turbo power is way different than NA power. The turbo factory sled is never making more power than any other factory sled, it is just making full 165 horses at high elevation. An aftermarket turbo kit or big bore is making WAY more than 165 and will still make around 165 at high elevation. NA power pulls hard and is addicting, so is boost but there is lag involved in boosted setups. Best setup on the market is the speedwerx superchager kit IMO, gives you HUGE power and no boost lag.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Serious question....

Moral of the story, i still want more power than the factory turbo doo! and its a skidoo, so I dont want that lol

C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
Spoke with Trygstad, he will no do a sled for low elevation.... oh well on to the next guy.
Yes speedwerx is the best set-up but $$$..
This sled is for mountain riging but the Eastern side of the U.S. is not quite as high as the West

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Spoke with Trygstad, he will no do a sled for low elevation.... oh well on to the next guy.
Yes speedwerx is the best set-up but $$$..
This sled is for mountain riging but the Eastern side of the U.S. is not quite as high as the West

Why not for low elevation?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I rode a Bret Lindeman built 927 , at 1500-4000' 94 chevron fuel. It rips

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Arctic edge motosports, in Alberta Canada. Mostly known for build cat engins, but does polaris and doo the last few years also.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
The turbo factory sled is never making more power than any other factory sled, it is just making full 165 horses at high elevation.

Ok.. The turbo doo has been dynoing higher than any other 2 stroke on the market. So that would mean the factory turbo doo is making more power than every other factory sled at every elevation. At higher elevation, a lot more power.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Ok.. The turbo doo has been dynoing higher than any other 2 stroke on the market. So that would mean the factory turbo doo is making more power than every other factory sled at every elevation. At higher elevation, a lot more power.
I could reword my post to its not making what aftermarket turbos are making, but it is going to make that full 165hp at elevation which factory NA sleds are not. But still not turbo power and you have to pay as much or more than what an aftermarket turbo costs. I guess you are just paying for warranty which is nice but Id still take an aftermarket boosted setup over the factory boost any day. Warranty can be hit or miss, some people have awesome luck with it and some dont.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I could reword my post to its not making what aftermarket turbos are making, but it is going to make that full 165hp at elevation which factory NA sleds are not. But still not turbo power and you have to pay as much or more than what an aftermarket turbo costs. I guess you are just paying for warranty which is nice but Id still take an aftermarket boosted setup over the factory boost any day. Warranty can be hit or miss, some people have awesome luck with it and some dont.

Where do you come up with this??? The factory turbo is no where near the cost of a aftermarket kit, and I would prefer a factory turbo over a aftermarket.
We have not seen the full potential of this factory turbo yet, with the flashes that are coming available from the aftermarket.

I have a buddy with a 927 trygstad, he ordered a turbo doo, this turbo doo with they way it’s designed is going to be really good.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes you are right the Ski Doo turbo is really good, the real game changer, not like Polaris calling their game changer a gear down.

C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
I might hold off a year and let the aftermarket world catch up with tuning and moding the factory turbo. Then pick up a used turbo sled that some east coast guy bought for no reason and rode it 1 season. Whats the weight difference turbo to non turbo?Screenshot_20200614-201506_Photos.jpg this is the 19 freeride on the scale ready to ride full fuel and oil with everything I ride with on it

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
21 lbs.

There are places on the east coast that could benefit from the Doo turbo.. Also, its an easy way to "Start" with a turbo and then mod/flash from there. I've thought about it.. but with -40C a possibility and a flash with a leaned out stock injection system, I decided to pass.

Premium Features