• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's got the 872?

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Had one, seized twice, too tight of clearances.
Sorry spit coffee on my screen in laughter .I blew up a 872 YEP lower jetting than dave recommended and had jets in the wrong side Damn you ''moutainhigh'' :face-icon-small-blu .Sent cylinder to get redone Dave had strict instruction for CVTech on clearance,but anyways I did here of a fella running a 872 with twin jaws ,bored carbs and pods that had issues,but I beleave dave looked after that issue.Would you happen to be this fella?:face-icon-small-con If you follow dave instructions on break in you won't have a problem.:focus:

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Hivoltagesledhead--hope you have fun in Cooke. Wish I could join you and bring my turbo XP along w/ 880 to compare. New baby girl will be seven weeks tomorrow, so won't be doing any riding that I can't leave and return on in the same day. Have fun.

Last edited:
W
Nov 6, 2011
Rock Springs, WY
Are you guys doing the install yourselves or taking it to a dealer to get done? I have never tore apart a sled engine, but I'm not afraid to either.

I just wanted to know how bad the install is.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I absolutely destroyed my last engine trying to get a turbo to work, so I just called dave and had him buy a new engine, install his kit and ship it to me.

If you are mechanically inclined then you can do it, or get a buudy that knows how to help you.

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
Are you guys running the oil injection, or did you delete it? Doesn't anybody have any other video of an 872 running with a stock or turboed xp? I have only found like three video's, (Castle mountain) and I have watched them like 50 times each. How was Cooke? I live in Livingston, and you wouldn't believe the the amount of trucks and trailers that pass through here this time of year. Pretty cool to see.

kneebar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2010
I put the oil delete in and absolutely love it. Doesn't take much time to mix and you know it gets exactly what you want it to get.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
mx100, you'll have to catch up w/ us Lewistown guys one of these days and see in person (shoot a pm). We can let you throw a leg over 872, 880, 860, and T-XP. Lower elevations, big bores are hard to beat, say 8000' or less or hills that don't go on forever. Higher elevations and you can't beat compressing the air.

Premium Features