• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's going West this season?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Rode Blue Lake on Dec 9. Awesome day.....it was a little tracked up but the thing I like about those areas is that there is so many little pockets that were untouched. It was really cold but sunny. Good day to try get the sled dialed.

Thanks to Dave from Sundog B&B and Greg from Alpine for showing us around. I'll definately go back to Blue Lake

:beer;

Hey Prairie Dog,
We will have to get together in Revy and ride with the Sofa King sometime in the new year.I am going to Siacamous from Dec.26 till Jan. 2-3, but any time after that.We could go for a ride to "Boulder".lol

Cheers,
Dave

T

TheGuyX

May 17, 2009
Regina, SK, Canada
My riding buddy and I will be going west 3-5 times this year. All in the US.

Any other flatlanders doing the same?

I've spent the last two years sledding the far north of BC. A long trip for us, but great snow and very remote. I'm interested in hooking up with some locals from around southern Sask for some sledding in BC next winter. I live in Regina. Just two of us here but another that joins us from BC.

Jacques

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
been busy with college past few years but i live in very southwest corner of sask (cypress hills) normally get out to crowsnest pass about 2-3 times a month then about 2 trips down to Kings hill in montana and started going annually to revelstoke. hopin to move to BC this winter to get in more riding time reduce long trips and try new riding areas. damn some of u guys do one helluva drive!

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Will be Vale Mount Dec 7 to Jan 2. Also a couple of riding days to McBride.
Have 11 people booked , 3 father and son groups for 8 persons and 3 other 20 something young men. Have been doing this same trip for 2 years now and it has always treated us very well with good to stellar snow conditions.
Will also be going out West again in Feb for a school break. Then to Cooke City
this spring with adults only and maybe squeeze in another trip some time in March. Snow here in Melfort Sask. and am going riding Powder in the ditches tomorrow. Weather man says - 14 c tonight so snow will be on the ground for a few more days.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
More snow

Looks like we got well over 25cm here in Wynyard and it's still coming down. Pit deep on the south side of #16 and will fill up tonight for sure. Last 25cm we got melted but I doubt this one will

T

TheGuyX

May 17, 2009
Regina, SK, Canada
planning a trip once a month to revy. first one in the first week of december hopefully. may have to stay their if the weather here doesn't change soon.

Three of us are planning on sledding in the Revelstoke area from Dec 6th to 10th. We are leaving Regina on the 5th. Let me know if anyone from the Prairies will be there around that time.

Last edited:
C
Dec 19, 2010
Saskatchewan
I'm just new to the forum and joined in hopes of meeting a few more riders. I traded in my xtx for and mtx, made one trip to Fernie and my riding has never been the same since. I'm looking to take in a few more mountain trips this year.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
CB, good choice!

Two of us are planning on going to Island Park the last week of January for the first trip. Anyone else going out that way?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i figured i would save myself all the driving and just decided to move to BC! so if any of you flatlanders wanna come to southern BC i'll be more than happy to show anyone around! A riding buddy of mine here also rents xp's and has great knowledge of the area. everyday is powder day for us! as long as your willig to get to the right areas:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features