• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's going West this season?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My riding buddy and I will be going west 3-5 times this year. All in the US.

Any other flatlanders doing the same?

M
Dec 6, 2007
Winnipeg, Mb
Just moved back to Winnipeg after 5 winters in Invermere so at least one trip back is in the works to ride Radium and Golden. I will really miss Revy, where you riding in the states I have family in Grand Junction Colorado so that might be an option too?

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Hit Revy up Dec4th for the first trip.....hopefully make 4 or 5 trips this winter. Plannin on Valemount too.

I'd like to do Cooke City but we'll see

:beer;

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We're heading to Rabbit Ears in January, somewhere in MT/ID/WY in Feb (will decide based on conditions) and probably a few trips to Cooke City thrown in for good measure.

I've never gone out west in Canada. Mainly because of cost, theft and ****ty roads. We much prefer going to the US.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
First of ?? trips to Revy is on Dec 18. Will probably do a Cooke City trip sometime also. I'm going to try and do one trip a month this winter...wish the hills were closer!!

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If any of you guys are interested in getting together out west, let me know. We're always up for meeting other SAFE riders.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Whats Cooke like????? If I go there it would be nice to hook up with someone who knows where they're going.

skierh2o

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We will be heading out hopefully twice a month from Wpg. to Kelowna... Then riding Revy, Golden, Hunters, Sicamous etc. from there depending on conditions & who's tagging along!

I will be hauling out my 4-place to Kelowna later this month and leaving it at a buddy's place for the winter. Letting us fly instead of drive for the remainder of the year! :)

If any one is looking to ship a sled out to Kelowna I have room for at least one more... pm me if interested.

Skier

C
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
I've only been to Cooke once, but would like to go back. You have to sled about 8 or 10 miles into town so you have to pack light. The town is all about snowmobiling in the winter. There's a Cat/Yamaha and a Skidoo dealer there.

I managed to get up to 10000 + feet on one of the days we couldn't see anything...felt pretty good for a Saskatchewonian!!

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
LOL ya I was in Colorado this summer hiking.....did 4 peaks over 13,000ft in 4 days. Incredible. And the whole time I was picking lines I'd try with my sled lol

Amazing views from that high up. No altitude sickness which I thought was pretty good for living my whole life at 1500ft and under!!!!!

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
going to revy for a week in jan 22 to feb 1. if we cant a ride at home would like to do a trip before Christmas. sounds like there getting lots of snow out there and supposed to snow all week. If anyone going out in Dec or intereseted in going let me know, we have one group from Regina and another from Stoon. Thats if my sled is here ha ha it still in transit or so they tell me. better be soon i can hardly sleep at night. Boh ya

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Any of you guys ever done any riding in Wyoming? Thinking about trying it. We drove through it last year and it was the most incredible drive of my life.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
planning a trip once a month to revy. first one in the first week of december hopefully. may have to stay their if the weather here doesn't change soon.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Rode Revy last weekend.....more snow now than there was last year in Dec. Can't wait for Dec 4th when I'm goin again:D

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Can't upload any of my pics.......stupid computer!!!!!

We're heading back out in 2 weeks. Its worth the drive but you still gotta be careful.

R

ryanru

Dec 4, 2007
Any of you guys ever done any riding in Wyoming? Thinking about trying it. We drove through it last year and it was the most incredible drive of my life.
We hit up the Bighorns in Feb of 09 and had a blast. Not allot of climbing big stuff were we went. But they had a ton of powder. There were hills you had to side hill to get over. It was lots of fun and had minimal risk of an avy.

We are heading to Cooke for the first trip early Jan. Then hopefully 2 or 3 more us/bc trips.

D
Apr 26, 2008
Manitoba
Going out to Valemount for the first time Dec 17-23. So much snow out in BC already. Hoping to do one more trip out west somewhere this winter. Been to Island park,ID and was a great time.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
Being originally from the prairies I understand what draws you guys out here. Here is a report and suggestion for you. Sled Sicamous. Four major sledding hills right there. Revy is less than a hour from there with lots of riding. Hunters range is 20 min. south. with great riding. Salmon Arm is 20 min. with a slower family geared hill(fly hills). Crowfoot is a hour west and is great riding. You could ride every day for three months and still find new areas. Sicamous has a good start of 4 to 5 ft. of good base with fresh every day and expecting a really good dump in the next couple of days. Temp for tomorrow is -2. Cheers

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Rode Blue Lake on Dec 9. Awesome day.....it was a little tracked up but the thing I like about those areas is that there is so many little pockets that were untouched. It was really cold but sunny. Good day to try get the sled dialed.

Thanks to Dave from Sundog B&B and Greg from Alpine for showing us around. I'll definately go back to Blue Lake

Premium Features