• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is/was your favorite supergroup?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
As long as we're off track...
Music in the eighties was very important to me.
I had to have that latest album. Problem was it took two hours of pay to buy it. Then had to buy a good quality Maxell or TDK blank cassette to record it to.
If I bought an album that disappointed me, I still listened to it, over and over. I had too much invested in it to shelve it.
Now I bet we all have cds we've never listened to all the way through. That's terrible. Some of my favorite songs are hidden tracks.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Well I guess if we are taking a left turn...... when I was in high school to get an FM station there was a couple if hills we could climb in our trucks and get a station out of Billings, but mostly we would listen to KOMA out of Oklahoma City, an AM station. You wold hope to catch the name of the band so that the next time you went to a place big enough you could buy the album. It was a tragic day when my Bronco got broken into and the stole my 2 cases of cassettes.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I don't have many disks that I don't play, but I have alot of stuff playing as background music in my shop. Some ofthat I would never play in the truck.

On the other hand, I too bought vinyl and recorded on tdk. I had hopes to build up my library to be used to dj one day, which I did for about 5 years. I too lost a mess of tapes when my truck was stolen during 6 months that i lived in the city. Got the truck back, but the tapes were gone.

I doo have several LP's that have hardly ever had a needle drug accrost them. Most of them having been bought as cut-outs.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Your gonna have to pry me off a tree to walk away from the Hawk .
Your comment on the super charger made me laugh . Reminded me of split shifting down with a load and dropping the driveshaft . Chewed my ass out while going for a walk to get wheels and a U-joint .

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Their still building them , Boivan sold the rights . Haven't changed much though from what people have converted them to .

C
Nov 29, 2008
Great music and **** music in every decade ...ton of incredible musicians and groups but probably only a few who mixed it up and created something else as good or better ... Highway Men and Travelling Wilburies come to mind.

Being on the other side of the 47th we heard lots of 'merican bands but not so many Cdn bands outside of the few that made it big in US (sorry I don't consider anything by Drake / Bieber to be listenable) ... if you haven't listened to Blue Rodeo please do ...if you love Eagles you will love them too ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Hint - Lefty, on a righty guitar = Jimmy .....

And what band's lead guitar used to play/tour with Jimmy - hint - ZZ ...

Last edited:
Premium Features