• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a surf boat?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
what does everyone have? i ordered a supra SA 450 last april in the middle of covid which was alittle scary to say the least. I cant wait to get it back in the water. but of coarse the state of MN is talking about restricting them in some way now.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Don't worry about the brain cells , they regenerate , or so they say .

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i will be honest 1 year ago i would of never thought i would of bought one( i thought they were the dumbest idea ever) but then i rode in one and our kids talked us into it. i figured they will only be kids once so we ordered one and we absolutely fell in love with it.

W
Dec 7, 2017
Silt, CO
One of the few topics as inflammatory as politics... surf boats! haha
Disrespectful jerks can be in any type of boat. I spent many hours in my fishing boat cussing wake boats, then I tried wake surfing...
It's an absolute blast and much easier on the body than wake boarding, slalom skiing, etc. I bought a glastron last year that has the forward drive volvo penta, ballast, and tabs. You can spend the hottest part of the day surfing and the morning/evening fishing, it's a great in between and just about the perfect Powell boat.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Nearly as controversial... Zebra mussels.
Do most of your MN lakes have them? How are the zebra free lakes keeping it that way?

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Totally agree with the kids will only be kids once. We purchased an older ski/wakeboard boat when our kids were young. Absolutely loved getting out on the water every chance we could. Family, friends, youth group we had a blast. Kids have grown up and we wouldn’t have changed that at all. Hoping our grandkids will like it as much. And yes, haters will be haters. I can go do what I want on the lake, but you can’t.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I never thought I would love anything as much as snowmobiling. I gotta say I'm about there with wake surfing. 2 years ago I bought a used Moomba Max and spent about every night possible at the lake the past 2 summers. Decided to step up and ordered a new Supra SA 550. Couldn't be happier with it the 4 times we have had it out so far. The wave is simply amazing. The best part is all 3 of my teenagers, my 5 year old and every other kid in the neighborhood wants to spend time with me in an environment that I have total control over. I think I better take off of work early and head to the lake!! Surfing is easy enough nearly everyone can get up. You can make it difficult enough by adding tricks that I don't see anyone every growing tired of it. Love my Supra!

Premium Features