• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who gets a flu shot every year? And, are you required to?

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
My company gives me 100 bucks off my health insurance for getting a flu shot. Then the same day they take viles of blood for a health screening. Get results, dump them into a survey and answer the questions and boom another 200 bucks off of my heath insurance. Basically, cutting my yearly rate to about 60% of what it would be over a year. Two pricks, 10 minutes of time, 30 seconds of clicking through them telling me to drink less beer, eat less red meat, and lose 30 pounds is probably the easiest 300 bucks I've made.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Never had a flu shot and never had a serious flu. Will never get a flu shot, total ATM machine for the pharmaceutical industry. Look at the math behind the flu shot and the potential number of flu strains. :face-icon-small-con

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
used to think the flu shot was for a candy ***. Couple years ago I had the flu so bad I thought I was going to die. Honestly. Since then I get one. I think my health plan covers them in full.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Never had a flu shot and never had a serious flu. Will never get a flu shot, total ATM machine for the pharmaceutical industry. Look at the math behind the flu shot and the potential number of flu strains. :face-icon-small-con

Did you fail your stats class?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

lol.

I've gotten mine every single year and I have never had the flu. I haven't even been sick in probably 2-3 years. I always get a kick outta all the people who magically managed to get sick after getting a flu shot, but they don't think about the fact they probably exposed themselves to a bunch of schit in the doctors office from people already sick and it takes up to 2 weeks for full immunity from the strains of virus it protects against.

But nothing is more annoying than having to deal with the antivaxxers who have jobs that require a yearly flu shot. It is amusing to listen to their antics about why flu shots are bad for you and all the mercury I am about to inject them with (except there isn't any because we use single unit doses of the vaccine so no mercury). Some of them play pretend and make enough noise you'd think I was disemboweling them too... :face-icon-small-fro

Honestly I sometimes wish employers wouldn't force it, but obviously those of us in healthcare should probably have it.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
e69cc83e74a71018da824573527af7fe.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
There is common flu that goes around every year that is very unpleasant, but not serious.
This is not what the flu shot is meant to prevent. (along with government tracking and thought control of course)

The flu that the shot is for can be life threatening for some.
That is my understanding anyway, and please someone correct me if that is incorrect.

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I’ve never had a flu shot and can not remember ever having the flu.
So very doubtful I will ever get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
There is common flu that goes around every year that is very unpleasant, but not serious.
This is not what the flu shot is meant to prevent. (along with government tracking and thought control of course)

The flu that the shot is for can be life threatening for some.
That is my understanding anyway, and please someone correct me if that is incorrect.
I am confused. So the flu shot is for the government to track and thought control of us? Or to prevent it.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
lol.

I've gotten mine every single year and I have never had the flu. I haven't even been sick in probably 2-3 years. I always get a kick outta all the people who magically managed to get sick after getting a flu shot, but they don't think about the fact they probably exposed themselves to a bunch of schit in the doctors office from people already sick and it takes up to 2 weeks for full immunity from the strains of virus it protects against.

But nothing is more annoying than having to deal with the antivaxxers who have jobs that require a yearly flu shot. It is amusing to listen to their antics about why flu shots are bad for you and all the mercury I am about to inject them with (except there isn't any because we use single unit doses of the vaccine so no mercury). Some of them play pretend and make enough noise you'd think I was disemboweling them too... :face-icon-small-fro

Honestly I sometimes wish employers wouldn't force it, but obviously those of us in healthcare should probably have it.

Far from an antivaxxer. Just don't believe that a shot that is meant to prevent the flu is worth taking since the flu virus is constantly evolving and they are throwing a dart to try to predict what strain will be prevalent. I'll continue to do what works for me.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
The latest news I know of is that 69 employees and volunteers have been fired for not taking the flu shot. Oh, and by the way, patients and visitors are not required to have a flu shot.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Lol, I don't get political about sht. Obvious there's a bunch of intelligent red blooded hairy chested men on this site that, honestly, are healthier than average. (as I sit here with my, hopefully, 1 a year average cold!)
Wife gets them, has for a long time because she's a nurse and exposed to everything. Also because she has a very compromised immune system due to past and current major health issues.
I mainly don't get them because she swears I've never had the flu. I get the 12-24 hr stomach flu ever once in a while. So it's a standing joke between us!

Premium Features