• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who else has an obsession with buying snowmobile jackets?

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Out of all the spendy gear we buy and own, I have to admit I own and continue to search for yet another snowmobile shell I want to add. I just love the different styles they come out with. Currently have 5, from 1 pullover shell, 3 non insulated, one insulated. Klim, Motorfist, Arctic Cat...I don't discriminate on brands. Common thing with all of them- all high quality and all of them orange and black.

S
Apr 20, 2022
WA
I'm not obsessed but after a 10 year break from sledding we decided it was time to get back into it late last winter.

I picked up 3 old sleds and right now I'm buying all new gear for my wife and youngest son. I'm also replacing all my gear except my pants and coat.

Sledhed2012

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2016
River Falls,WI
Goggles....jackets..helmets....you name it. Once it starts getting cold...and HayDays rolls around I tend to look for more gear that I don't need. If friends need anything for riding...they can shop here!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I pretty much get new gear every year and give all my lightly used stuff to new friends and riders getting into the game. Usually I keep last years gear and send it down the line once 2 years hits. That way I always have a spare set of everything. But otherwise I hate old junk collecting around.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Well, let’s see…….Columbia Titanium coats in red and blue and yellow. Then there’s the Klim coat in yellow. And don’t forget the Polaris coat in orange. Yes I would say I’m addicted. Oh well.

I guess we can talk about side panels on another day. White, black, orange, and red. Maybe I’m forgetting one or two? Never did find the retro set that I was always searching for.

And last, but certainly not least are the decals. American flag, Marine Corps, flames, and on and on.

Last edited:

DGZRT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2009
4 Motorfist jackets
1 Yamaha
1 coldwave
1 Scott
4 sets of boots
About 5 sets of gloves
3 helmets
3 bibs
If I added all the kids stuff and the wife I hate to even think about it .

Then I have 3 sets of skis . 2 sets of boots about 4 sets of poles . And three jackets . Some for Wisconsin and some kept out in Idaho .
Thank God I’m getting old and wiser . ?

Tip , buy large Hockey bags at the end of the year close outs. Much cheaper than Snowmobile bags !

Last edited:
D
Nov 3, 2022
Melbourne
4 Motorfist jackets
1 Yamaha
1 coldwave
1 Scott
4 sets of boots
About 5 sets of gloves
3 helmets
3 bibs
If I added all the kids stuff and the wife I hate to even think about it .

Then I have 3 sets of skis . 2 sets of boots about 4 sets of poles . And three jackets . Some for Wisconsin and some kept out in Idaho .
Thank God I’m getting old and wiser . ?

Tip , buy large Hockey bags at the end of the year close outs. Much cheaper than Snowmobile bags !
Let me ask you, would a large hockey bag have the same capacity as a snowmobile bag or larger/smaller?

DGZRT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2009
This is the bag I’m using now . The last bag was a wheeled travel bag and it was to big . This bag carries 2 jackets, 2 bibs , two helmets and the rest in the side pockets . My go too site is Hockey tron . Great deals on the off season

2A0C0261-4BFE-4972-A8BE-F585A5524B2B.jpeg 62537D19-EDEB-44A0-A438-03B81C994DDA.jpeg 2937CED3-A629-4C1D-9DA9-73C28B4F1204.jpeg

DGZRT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2009
I’ll add that Hockey sites are a great location for quantity Base layers and socks . Just Google , Discount hockey equipment.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Still have my green Klim coat from 2010-2011. Keep washing it and re-applying water repellent. Thought about buying a new one a couple times, but can't bring myself to spend the money on a piece of gear that doesn't need replaced yet. I did get a cheaper monosuit to try 2 years ago to see if I liked it better. It's not as waterproof as what I experience with my older Klim stuff so next purchase will probably be a better one of those.

D
Nov 3, 2022
Melbourne
Still have my green Klim coat from 2010-2011. Keep washing it and re-applying water repellent. Thought about buying a new one a couple times, but can't bring myself to spend the money on a piece of gear that doesn't need replaced yet. I did get a cheaper monosuit to try 2 years ago to see if I liked it better. It's not as waterproof as what I experience with my older Klim stuff so next purchase will probably be a better one of those.
I also wear to the last one, as long as I can wear it. And only then I buy a new one. But before that, I'll still try to fix the old one! :)

Premium Features