• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who else got the shaft by Polaris

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
1yr and 1 month after I snow checked my 850 NA Matryx my sled showed up late April, took it for a ride and got 10km on it before check engine light came on and limp home mode kicked in. Code is erratic stuck throttle. Since then it has been back to the shop 3 more times for a grand total of 29km and sled still isn't fixed. Now all the snow is gone, so I can not try out the newest fix until next season which is usually late Nov/ Dec. Dealer has done everything that Poo has told them to do. My dealer has been great in dealing with this by the way. Anybody else gotten the shaft?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo will be on the naughty list for everyone who has a 22 850 fuel pump - and will stay there until poo releases a service bulletin offering a pickup fix for all units. Boosts also have intake and P22 issues, or will have. 9R buyers are next. You've gotten more of the shaft than most, but rest assured, we all got some of it. Every poo "high caliber" RMK also comes with the expectation of issues, both design and poo self-inflicted. Been this way for years, we all know the list. Just sayin. With prices way up for 23, unprecedented fuel cost, and their repeated delivery issues across multiple seasons and products, an inflection point for Poo and the industry could be coming. Poo can do better. Leadership matters.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
yup depending how things go soon may say good buy to my 500 dollers

T
Oct 16, 2017
Everyone with a 22 fuel pump unless Polaris does a bulletin to fix the sleeves. Mine whines like crazy, seemingly depending on the day, but no code yet so I’m SOL for a free fix. I do enjoy the dealers saying all fuel pumps make noise, when my riding buddies can hear my sled’s fuel pump when at idle 50 feet away, with their sleds running. Seems normal

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Reg2view, I have not read about the intake issue with the Boost can you enlighten me?
Thanks gtwitch in wyoming

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Reg2view, I have not read about the intake issue with the Boost can you enlighten me?
Thanks gtwitch in wyoming
Intake bog in pow from collapsing intake tube. Then there's the wastegate spring rod wear (not intake issue), too - search 'Boost Intake' and 'Low Boost' for more.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Everyone with a 22 fuel pump unless Polaris does a bulletin to fix the sleeves. Mine whines like crazy, seemingly depending on the day, but no code yet so I’m SOL for a free fix. I do enjoy the dealers saying all fuel pumps make noise, when my riding buddies can hear my sled’s fuel pump when at idle 50 feet away, with their sleds running. Seems normal
Looks like there going to fix the fuel pump issue and with that.

Screenshot_20220614-171348_Gmail.jpg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
S-22-03 Fuel Filter Update is official. Polaris needed to do this - sometimes the dog that 'whines' gets a bone. All 22 Matryx RMKs at a minimum. Glass half full - here's to closing more design/execution gaps going forward.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Well, I for one hope they are late again this year. I need a little time to replenish the cash fund after buying this little monster and writing a check for another $15k+ in tune, parts and accessories. Still waiting for a lot of parts to come in but holy shRt the fEckers fast! Was going to wait for next summer but this came and was here now.

1657215824150.png

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Never ever, hope for sleds to be late. If they come in end of October beginning of November that best times. If you need funds get a loan, most want there new sled before the snow

C
Feb 23, 2020
Nice - Be good to get this handled over the summer. Thanks for the heads up. Missed the email

Look for it in the mail as well. I did not get an email but instead a notice through good ole U.S. Mail.

Yes get it done now if you can!

I got the recall done yesterday (Polaris part # 22009832) and took the opportunity to get a VOHK tune and Diamond S quiet installed. Took a nice little rip through the neighborhood. A great summer day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features