• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all has had broken parts already this season?

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well I got my new sled out before Christmas, and low and behold I was careful all day until I hit a dang rock following another track next to the dang road. Lower right a-arm kinked lol. New one is on and now the snow is still BLAH here......I hope you ladies are having a great season with POW!!! Who else has broken parts already?

Last edited:

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
Other than my already trashed windshield, our first trip out, our first day out, I hit a big hole that was way to foggy to see and my handlebars collapsed on me and as a result I dislocated my shoulder, they suspect I tore my rotator cuff in the process, just waiting for an MRI where they inject dye right into my shoulder to see all the damage, so no sledding for me for a while..

Bummer about your a-arm! At least you are back in it already!

B

bigislandgrrl

Dec 17, 2010
Milliken, Colorado
Other than my already trashed windshield, our first trip out, our first day out, I hit a big hole that was way to foggy to see and my handlebars collapsed on me and as a result I dislocated my shoulder, they suspect I tore my rotator cuff in the process, just waiting for an MRI where they inject dye right into my shoulder to see all the damage, so no sledding for me for a while..

Bummer about your a-arm! At least you are back in it already!

Oh No! Broken sled parts are one thing but broken body parts? Thats too bad with so much of the season left... Hoping you are healed and shredding again in no time.

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Second ride of the season I came home needing the whole NUN replaced! :face-icon-small-sho I swear I barely tapped that little stump! Rode for another hour or so with no problem til we hit the trail for home. Then I was like WTF???? My right ski was just a flip floppin' around. We replaced it with a reinforced NUN and a few extra brackets.

Hope all of you with broken body parts are on the mend soon!

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
news is in from the Dr.. I will probably be out the rest of the year too much joint instability to risk riding... after I did a whole bunch of work to my sled too:(

hope your daughter feels better! sounds like quite the crash! wishing her a quick recovery and a long season for her to be able to ride again!

crappy about hitting the stump that's tough! hopefully not to expensive of a fix and hardly any downtime!

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
news is in from the Dr.. I will probably be out the rest of the year too much joint instability to risk riding... after I did a whole bunch of work to my sled too:(

hope your daughter feels better! sounds like quite the crash! wishing her a quick recovery and a long season for her to be able to ride again!

crappy about hitting the stump that's tough! hopefully not to expensive of a fix and hardly any downtime!

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

So sorry to hear about the injuries..I wish everyone a speedy recovery.. people and sleds...

I've added 1.. 1 bumper to my collection of smashed bumpers so far!!
Snapped the first one off.. Now I have a B and M on.... I've been testing it frequently.. :face-icon-small-dis seems to be holding up well amidst my abuse!

snoprotrack

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2011
Colorado
Work and replacement so far:
Bolt that held the shock to the bulk head and chewed the shock.
Steering got knocked out of whack. Steer right to go straight. Thanks hidden wood post, your awesome!
Ski gouge on the outside of the ski.
A-arm bushings, they were toast due to age.
Belly pan replacement.
Retaining clips for windshield, screens, headlights and a new headlight bulb when the Cat attacked a Dragon. Dragon 1, Cat 0, lol!

I ride every weekend and not all of this is from one ride. The scary thing is there are still a few more weeks of riding to go!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Well I got my new sled out before Christmas, and low and behold I was careful all day until I hit a dang rock following another track next to the dang road. Lower right a-arm kinked lol. New one is on and now the snow is still BLAH here......I hope you ladies are having a great season with POW!!! Who else has broken parts already?

I broke my right A arm(S) ha ha! I have a new Zbroz kit on my '13 RMK Pro 800. I like them though :face-icon-small-hap

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
Well after missing the entire season! I get to go next weekend for the last trip of the year! I am so excited the shoulder is still not tip top but got the go ahead from the dr to ride very cautiously so no crazy riding on my agenda. But still excited to get my sled out!! :whoo:

Hope everyone has had a pain free snowfilled season!

Premium Features