• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler

D
Mar 4, 2013
Vancouver
How far up was the snow line? We have a 2 place trailer. Will we have to shuttle up 1 sled in the box at a time?

We went up Brandywine on Sunday. Parking was at the cabin, and about 1km of dirt/gravel riding. Some guys were driving farther, but I wouldn't consider it with a trailer.

If you have a small trailer you may be able to turn it around by the cabin, depending on how other people park...

S-Chute was punched through first, and the gauntlet was punched through later on in the day. We made it as far as Grizzly Lake, but didn't go past. The visibility got worse so we made our way back to the top of the gauntlet.

2 guys did set off an avalanche in the valley just north of the top of the s-chute. Info on avalanche.ca

"This large avalanche was initiated by two snowmobilers at brandywine today. The both were taken out and burried at times, thankfully when the snow stopped they were both on top; although they were hundreds of meters from where it hit them. The slide seems to be on the march 11th crust. The slope was north facing and the crown, which was probably over a meter deep at spots, propogated for almost a km. Everyone is fine and got out safe, I didn't get the names of the two caught in it, but i was first on scene..."

Premium Features