• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which track do you have?

What size track do you run on your Axys? Asking for OEM Polaris tracks only please.

• Total voters

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I'm curious to know a more detailed breakdown of which mountain tracks we have in this forum. I'm looking for stock Polaris tracks, not ones that have been switched out to aftermarket or other brands. Thanks!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have a stock 3" x 156", i believe its called series 7.
Seems the paddles are a bit soft for our heavy Cascade snow.

Sent it

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I have a Series 6 early 163X2.6 2018 AXYS The later 163X2.6 2020 and 2021 and I think 2019 are a better track because Polaris figured out that the early 2.6 tracks were clipped incorrectly and if you look at the later ones they are clipped in the tread cleat and not between the cleats. I am in the process of fully clipping my early track ( 600 miles) as it is starting to show wear on the holes between the cleats and My son's 2018 has over 1500 miles on it and is showing considerable wear IMO.
gtwitch in wyoming

J
Nov 25, 2019
17 axys 163” 3” series 7 track. Wasn’t happy with track performance so I installed a camso x3. Lots of guys have said the stock 2.6” was better than then stock 3” track.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I've got a 19 with the 163 by 3" which as mentioned is clipped on the paddles and I'm extremely happy with this track. I could understand if they were clipped the opposite way it would really cause some wear fast. I was just curious how many people have what. I've only ridden on/with a couple 2.6 sleds a couple short times so I don't really have a good honest comparison but I do know I love my 3".

Thanks everyone for contributing!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I've got a 19 with the 163 by 3" which as mentioned is clipped on the paddles and I'm extremely happy with this track. I could understand if they were clipped the opposite way it would really cause some wear fast. I was just curious how many people have what. I've only ridden on/with a couple 2.6 sleds a couple short times so I don't really have a good honest comparison but I do know I love my 3".

Thanks everyone for contributing!
My sled had this track (163x3) when I bought it, was too soft for my liking and it had the clipping issue so I sold it and picked up the Camso X 2.7, was going to do a 3" but found a deal on the 2.7 (factory cut down 3") and I like my tracks stiffer for spring conditions, and the 2.7 was getting good reviews... love it...

freddy7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
17 axys 163” 3” series 7 track. Wasn’t happy with track performance so I installed a camso x3. Lots of guys have said the stock 2.6” was better than then stock 3” track.
i have a 21 khaos 163 2.6. thinking about going to a camo x3 next year. Does it perform better than the stock polaris tracks?
Trying to keep up with an alpha. Stock track doesn't climb like a cat does.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I'm curious to know a more detailed breakdown of which mountain tracks we have in this forum. I'm looking for stock Polaris tracks, not ones that have been switched out to aftermarket or other brands. Thanks!
My son has a 2.6 163” 850 Polaris. I have 163”3” 850 Polaris it depends on the snow and the day but most of the time the 3 inch seems to do better then the 2.6 here in Utah. If I was buying a new track again I would get the 3 inch again so would my son!! Everyone’s snow is different along with many other things that’s just what we have seen works best in utah snow for us ??‍♂️??‍♂️

J
Nov 25, 2019
i have a 21 khaos 163 2.6. thinking about going to a camo x3 next year. Does it perform better than the stock polaris tracks?
Trying to keep up with an alpha. Stock track doesn't climb like a cat does.
The x3 performs better than the factory 3”. I’ve been told that the camso x2.7 is better than the x3 .
I believe the skidoo/cat tracks are better than the Polaris tracks due to wider paddles. Is it better to have one big paddle pushing a large chunk of snow or a little paddle pushing a small chunk of snow?
Friends cut the fingers off the original powder claw tracks and claimed it made them better.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
The x3 performs better than the factory 3”. I’ve been told that the camso x2.7 is better than the x3 .
I believe the skidoo/cat tracks are better than the Polaris tracks due to wider paddles. Is it better to have one big paddle pushing a large chunk of snow or a little paddle pushing a small chunk of snow?
Friends cut the fingers off the original powder claw tracks and claimed it made them better.
My opinion is that smaller paddles make for better maneuverability. Bigger paddles make for better hook up.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features