• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Titanium Can?

A
Aug 31, 2010
Question for everyone here which titanium can is everyone using? Either Diamond S Ti Quiet can or SSI TITANIUM Pro Lite can? Anyone have experience with both? I see the SSI is claimed to be lighter and the Ti is a larger HP claim. Also don't want the can to be really loud just a good sound over stock. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: This is for a new 2020 Alpha I ordered. There is also a noticeable price difference of $130 between each can.

https://diamond-smfg.com/product/pro-climb-ti-quiet-can/ $580
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=282&controller=product $450

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The ssi i think is louder, i think im going withthe diamond s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Question for everyone here which titanium can is everyone using? Either Diamond S Ti Quiet can or SSI TITANIUM Pro Lite can? Anyone have experience with both? I see the SSI is claimed to be lighter and the Ti is a larger HP claim. Also don't want the can to be really loud just a good sound over stock. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: This is for a new 2020 Alpha I ordered. There is also a noticeable price difference of $130 between each can.

https://diamond-smfg.com/product/pro-climb-ti-quiet-can/ $580
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=282&controller=product $450

Diamond S can is amazing and you can barely tell noise wise you're rocking a can. It's the only choice worth the money in my opinion.

dw8

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2012
I love my Diamond S on the '18. Its very quiet compared to other cans I've ridden with. And it hasn't increased in volume since i put it on (1500 miles) but it has turned a cool color scheme

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I have not tried the SSI can, but I do have a Diamond S Ti can and it is the quietest can that I have owned. On other sleds I have tried various cans over the years. Often times they are to loud for me and I end up selling them used for pennies on the dollar.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
Can’t say anything bad about my SSI can. Sounds great, crazy lite and beautiful quality.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I've had the diamond s ti quiet can on my '14 for 5yrs/3k miles and it's still in great shape and quiet as it was the day I bought it. I'm hoping I can rig it up on my '20 when I get it so I don't have to Shell out another $500. I don't have experience with the SSI ti can but have a couple buddies with their stainless cans and they are not terribly loud, definitely louder than the DS, but not ring your ears loud like some cans.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Diamond S. Warranty rocks if you ever need it.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
anybody ever try a ggb trail can? I just bought one, hopefully it is as good as the one i had on my Xm !

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Titanium mufflers

The Black Diamond Brand SSI muffler is only 2.75 lbs.
They certainly aren't loud mufflers. The dual over lapping baffle design has a nice deep rumble without being loud like many other aftermarket mufflers.
There are plenty of sound clips on youtube to see that.
The BDX/SSI muffler is an excellent option for $449
Fully warrantied, but we haven't had one failure since we went to the 16 gauge material, ever. Very reliable mufflers. Fit and finish is excellent too.
Awesome welds, lazar cut mounts, plus they are even polished now too.

In stock at www.BD-XTREME.com

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mufflers on scale

SSI muffler 2.9 lbs
SSI big volume muffler 3.25 lbs

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Titanium mufflers

The Black Diamond Brand SSI muffler is only 2.75 lbs.
They certainly aren't loud mufflers. The dual over lapping baffle design has a nice deep rumble without being loud like many other aftermarket mufflers.
There are plenty of sound clips on youtube to see that.
The BDX/SSI muffler is an excellent option for $449
Fully warrantied, but we haven't had one failure since we went to the 16 gauge material, ever. Very reliable mufflers. Fit and finish is excellent too.
Awesome welds, lazar cut mounts, plus they are even polished now too.

In stock at www.BD-XTREME.com
My bdxssi weighed just two pounds. Half the weight and half the price of a diamond s. Looked to be roboticly welded or done really well. Almost made it through a wreck but broke off the flange that straddles the frame rail after it bent the frame rail. That was the least of the problems after the wreck

Attachments

• IMG_20170113_134119602.jpg
    IMG_20170113_134119602.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 67
S
Mar 6, 2010
Diamond S all the way. I've got a video of one running off the old Zuk motor right next to a stock at about a 3/4 throttle drive by and you can't tell the difference.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Diamond S all the way. I've got a video of one running off the old Zuk motor right next to a stock at about a 3/4 throttle drive by and you can't tell the difference.
Diamond S fits nice, sounds good.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I run the SSI Ti on my '18. Great fit and finish. Priced right and super light. It's not the quietest but, it for sure isn't the loudest. Nice crisp sound.

Premium Features