• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which cover to get

N
Dec 7, 2007
Got my snowcheck the other day and I want to get a cover for it. what do you guys recommend? I get the 15% off of Polaris parts for snowchecking. I tow my sleds on an open deck trailer with a tall salt shield. The dealer recommends the canvas cover, but the ones I've seen, that have been in the elements, tend to rot pretty quick.

jonathanlo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2018
Weiser, ID
I have a poly one. I've had it for 2 years and the person I got it from had it for a year prior. the mesh around the dash/handlebars started to rip, so I pulled the rest of it out. Other than that, it's held up pretty well. No rips or tears other than the mesh. I don't tow an awful lot though. Typically only 200 miles round trip about two or three times a month during the winter.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I did the 3/4 "premium" cover not sure how it'll hold up. Hope it's better than the last POS full length canvas cover...

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
My wife sled came with a standard cover. I spent extra on my "premium" cover from Polaris to find that it fades much quicker then the standard. like 2-3 times as fast. And I've seen it with buddies as well. I think Polaris' claim that its fade resistant is total BS. I wouldn't waste your money. buy the standard cover. or spend extra and buy snowskinz

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
I have the polyester and my buddy has the canvas. Trailered the sleds for 8 hours both ways. His ripped at the A-arm and mine didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Oct 12, 2019
I’ve done the 3/4 premium for two years. But, the cover is only exposed to the out doors while trailering. The cover gets removed and hung up in a heated garage in between outings .

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I went threw a premium cover a year for 2 years. I switched to the standard canvas cover. Going on 3 years and it still looks like new.

If you don't know this, go to the hardware store and get some foam pipe wrap. Put it on the edge of the running boards. Your cover will thank you

Premium Features