• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to Stay? - Keweenaw

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Coming from MN south of Duluth.

Drove the Keweenaw this fall looking at color. Gorgeous.

Saw Krupp's Resort at Twin Lakes.

Didn't see much for restaurants nearby.

Should we try to stay in Marquette and sled towards Munising instead? There was a guy at Hay Days touting the White Pine Lodge in Christmas and the snowfall east of Marquette.

Houghton too far north to stay?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Houghton is a nice spot, you have many restaurants and some decent night life in that area. You can head north to Copper Harbor or head south to Twin Lakes and beyond if you Home base is Houghton. I find Twin Lakes to be very crowded in the winter, although they have a couple decent lodging choices. Check out www.johndee.com as there is a lot of detailed information available on the Western UP. Any other questions just let me know!

In the Houghton/Hancock area I prefer the Ramada for lodging, it’s an excellent location right on the trail, with a nice restersunt/bar and indoor pool. If you head a bit further North the Trailside Inn in Calumet is good, and also the AmericInn in Calumet (also has a pool and recently remodeled I believe)

-Stack

Premium Features