• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to ride in Tahoe

nuclearf7

Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is there plenty of backcountry/mountain riding in Lake Tahoe? What month is best? Where do you rent mountain sleds? I only saw some places that were more tour oriented.

tahoe151

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Truckee
Yep there are quite a few ridding areas. Little Truckee summit is probably the easiest to navigate but also one of the most crowded parking lots but you can also look up castle peak,Blackwood , Watson peak and many more. February and March should have the most snow
but who knows nowadays. The only mountain sled rentals that I know of are Adrenaline connection but I’m sure others know of more.

nuclearf7

Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Yep there are quite a few ridding areas. Little Truckee summit is probably the easiest to navigate but also one of the most crowded parking lots but you can also look up castle peak,Blackwood , Watson peak and many more. February and March should have the most snow
but who knows nowadays. The only mountain sled rentals that I know of are Adrenaline connection but I’m sure others know of more.
Thank you for the reply. I will check with Adrenaline.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hey man, we don't have squat for snow right now but that can also change in one storm. Not any places that are worth it who rent mountain sleds. Your best bet is to hook up with someone here with an extra. That's worth doing because there's a ton of good riding assuming we get coverage soon. Hit me up closer to your trip. I've got an extra sled.

This place is kinda weird because our riding is under constant attack, so we're kind of an insulated bunch. We just can't be as open about our scene as some other places. But it's here.

Premium Features