• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to ride in Colorado?

A
Dec 27, 2007
2019 Xmas riding need guide !

I am looking to ride around Xmas 2019. Would like a guide for two days. I ride Revelstoke and area 40-50 days a winter. Have a daughter move to boulder so having Xmas there. I live in Red Deer Alberta so will haul sleds down. We have two 174” Doo’s
We open two good riding deep powder. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. We are considering renting a B&B somewhere 1-2 hours from Boulder.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I am looking to ride around Xmas 2019. Would like a guide for two days. I ride Revelstoke and area 40-50 days a winter. Have a daughter move to boulder so having Xmas there. I live in Red Deer Alberta so will haul sleds down. We have two 174” Doo’s
We open two good riding deep powder. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. We are considering renting a B&B somewhere 1-2 hours from Boulder.

The best riding CO has to offer will be a minimum of 3 hours from the People’s Republic of Boulder ..... if you want to ride out of your cabin you are nearly 4 hours away ..... idk if I’d waste hauling the sleds down just to ride Jones or Corona around Winter Park ..... if you’re used to BC you’ll probably be really dissappointed with both of those places.

With that said if you are willing to make the trip from Boulder, Thunder Mountain Lodge I. grand Mesa, Hahns Peak Roudhouse are probably the best places

P
Nov 26, 2007
There's nothing in CO that compares to Togwotee as far as size/accommodations. There are some ride in/out lodging but it is limited to a few places mentioned. Hope you like traffic and congestion....

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
There's nothing in CO that compares to Togwotee as far as size/accommodations. There are some ride in/out lodging but it is limited to a few places mentioned. Hope you like traffic and congestion....
I agree here as Togwotee is a great place. A full package stay includes Cabins or lodge rooms, guides, three meals and happy hour. Gas station and rentals. 1 hour to Yellowstone or Jackson hole. Lots of trail riding and off trail. Never been denied good snow as the guides know where to find it. Been to rabbit ears, hahnspeak, grand lake, snowies, none of them compare to Togwotee.

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
Not to hijack but I am in the same boat. Many years going to togwotee and this year we want to go to Colorado. Does any one know of good ride out of lodges like t.m.l. In the grand lake or kremmling area?

Check out http://wildskies.com/snowmobiling-info/ If you want to avoid crowds and have the same great snow as Rabbit Ears, this is it.
We are almost at 3 feet of snow right now (same as Rabbit Ears) and are expecting another foot between today and Sunday.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Check out Meeker as well. Similar terrain and snow as Steamboat. Just way less people. Paragonsnowmobile.com guides there. They could help you find accomodations aswell.

Premium Features