• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to buy a house with snowmobiling a priority

S
Oct 24, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
My wife and I moved to MN a year ago march. We rented as we didn't know anyone here or the areas and are now looking to buy. I'm the type that will ride everyday after work even at dusk. Where would you look within 50 miles drive of Minneapolis if you were about to buy a home? Last year was a bust for us riding here. We had the wrong gear and the days were very very cold. The only local places I rode were east bethel / Cambridge and I wasn't overly impressed. Looking for more uneven terrain with some mole hills since there are no real mountains for a thousand miles. Let me know your thoughts and some of your favorite places to ride local to the cities.

Thanks!

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
well 50 mi from city not many hills. I do have a few gem spots I hit after a dumping .
I live in west metro moved out here 18 yrs ago and have no intention of moving any place other than lk Minnetonka area.
have the lake in the summer the lake in the winter scenic drive every time u drive around. lots of trails around the lake to go any place u want.
there are 3 clubs with in a 15 min drive of me and I belong to all of them and fully participate in 1 and part time in others.
if u are in any service oriented business this is one of the best places to live lots of money around.
I live in the armpit of lake Minnetonka Mound pretty cheep housing compared to surrounding areas.
if u have any real interest in moving to west metro shoot me a pm I will be happy to answer any ? u may have

Premium Features