• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where os the snowtech mx people at

C
Dec 7, 2018
Hello fellow bikers
I also here about timbersled ive decided to go with snowtech mx. Just wondering who else is riding one, how you like it, what track length did you decided on? I went with a 137 and cant wait to try it out this yr. This build quality on these kits looks so amazing im kinda shocked on the looks of the build also. If anyone has the track and need a mount kit I have 1 for a 13 yz450 im sure it will go on other years im on a ktm so no longer need it

AnythingOutdoors

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2013
I've had one for 2 seasons and love it, the build quality is really one of the best. I'm on a 129 with the old maxtrac 2, hope to upgrade track this year to the newer yeti. I upgraded my bike last season to a 2016 yz450f and really like it.
I'm in Utah. imagejpeg_0.jpg

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

C
Dec 7, 2018
I'm still waiting on mount kit from them. Hope to have it in a few weeks. What wheel kit are you using. I was wondering what kit would work. Went to some of your old posts. We are kinda neighbors im in pleasantview. Maybe when I get my bike up and going we might run into one another. Not too many people on snowtech from what I've seen.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
sledneksam, do you have any seat time on a snowtech mx? why do you say to sell it? They are likely the most under-marketed kit on the market, but they cut no corners and build quality really is top notch. I have owned two. And I've owned the other 3 major brands you mention. They maybe are a tad heavier than some of the others (I don't know actual weight numbers), but they are bullet proof, hand-made, locally made. What more could you want? Choice of skis, choice of tracks, upgradeable from one season to next, etc.

AnythingOutdoors

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2013
I'm still waiting on mount kit from them. Hope to have it in a few weeks. What wheel kit are you using. I was wondering what kit would work. Went to some of your old posts. We are kinda neighbors im in pleasantview. Maybe when I get my bike up and going we might run into one another. Not too many people on snowtech from what I've seen.
I originally bought the yeti wheel kit from snowtech when I bought the track. I had that stolen and I made my own with pit bike wheels and aluminum rod.

Yeah I'm in bountiful and have never seen another snowtech kit on the mountain, minus the times that I have ridden with the owner. Maybe we will see each other or set up a time to ride this season.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

S
Oct 23, 2019
sledneksam, do you have any seat time on a snowtech mx? why do you say to sell it? They are likely the most under-marketed kit on the market, but they cut no corners and build quality really is top notch. I have owned two. And I've owned the other 3 major brands you mention. They maybe are a tad heavier than some of the others (I don't know actual weight numbers), but they are bullet proof, hand-made, locally made. What more could you want? Choice of skis, choice of tracks, upgradeable from one season to next, etc.

I have, the build quality is good but how the kit works is not. there is a reason there aren't more dealers and more people riding them. Timbersled is just better. I like the snowtech kit but it doesnt do anything good, trenched when I rode it and wouldnt lift the front ski. Bad design in my opinion.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I've ridden the 120 and 129 (2018/2019) The kits are well built, have very low rolling resistance, and handle very well. I like them better than the ARO - but prefer my Riot for the ski lift under throttle. The owner is a good dude, and answers the phone and helps customers whenever there are issues. I've installed parts and repaired them... parts seemed to come without issue, but what we needed was in stock. I have 2 buddies running these kits.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I have, the build quality is good but how the kit works is not. there is a reason there aren't more dealers and more people riding them. Timbersled is just better. I like the snowtech kit but it doesnt do anything good, trenched when I rode it and wouldnt lift the front ski. Bad design in my opinion.
Did you try making any adjustment to make it ride better? You like to lift the ski? Did you try taking some air out of the rear shock and dialing up the front? Was your strut rod length good where the track was flat on the ground? maybe you had a soft strut that was too soft? I have been on several timbersled kits that sucked but only because they were not set up right. I will say i do not think there is one part on my 17 timbersled kit that is built better then the snowtech. The design as you say or the geometry of any of these kits can be changed somewhat. To say snowtechs is a bad design? It is the best built kit on the market.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
yeah I agree... Snowtech MX is better built in every way to a timbersled. I 2 timberseld... but it's just due to the Riot being so fun. The Snowtech or a CMX are definitely what I'd have bought if the riot was not introduced. at 140 psi on the 129 STMX it climbs like mad (cmx track). at 90 psi it's playful and turns well - better than an ARO - not a Riot. But it's a great balance of the 2 with quick adj with an air pump and superior build quality. Of course... this is all my personal opinion and can be taken only as that.

I've already warranty replaced parts on 2 riots that were under built and poorly designed. I've only seen a bent brake rotor on the STMX - which was a royal pain in the ass to swap out if you want a complaint on their design.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I just went through my early release one this summer. All new bearings, updated shaft, etc etc. Changing the rotor is a big project kinda. Bleeding the brakes??? You have trick for that? I am still working on it, been 3 days so far.

yeah I agree... Snowtech MX is better built in every way to a timbersled. I 2 timberseld... but it's just due to the Riot being so fun. The Snowtech or a CMX are definitely what I'd have bought if the riot was not introduced. at 140 psi on the 129 STMX it climbs like mad (cmx track). at 90 psi it's playful and turns well - better than an ARO - not a Riot. But it's a great balance of the 2 with quick adj with an air pump and superior build quality. Of course... this is all my personal opinion and can be taken only as that.

I've already warranty replaced parts on 2 riots that were under built and poorly designed. I've only seen a bent brake rotor on the STMX - which was a royal pain in the ass to swap out if you want a complaint on their design.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Yeah I pushed the fluid from the far side bleeder through the system up into the master with a syringe setup. It's a bitch to bleed normal. You do want to bench bleed the caliper ideally.

C
Dec 7, 2018
So I got my bike and kit at ST now getting measured up for a fit kit. The owner is a very nice guy.. and for all the guys that ride ST. Let me tell you he is a busy guy, with the ST stuff nothing but parts and tracks laid out for customers. Hes getting to you just takes time. So stoked to see some snow today, now we just need that base.

Premium Features