• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where is your favorite place to ride?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I've rode many places in the past few years, all over Wyoming, a few spots in Colorado and also Cooke City and West Yellowstone. Over all I would say that Togwotee has been my favorite place. We have consistently had good snow and there is so much area and variety that it seems hard to beat. I also really like being able to stay on the mountain and ride from there. The trail system (not that I like to ride trails but we normally spend the first half hour or so of the day on the trail trying to get away from the crowds and try to find the best snow and terrain) is very nicely marked, easy to navigate and seems to be groomed often. I have been there on 3 trips and feel like I haven't even touched part of it. Besides a few bad experiences from the staff at TML - the first morning we parked our sleds (3) in front of the C-store, went in and got our drinks, came out were putting the drinks in our packs and getting ready to leave when my buddies and I were told (yelled at) by an older staff member "move your sh!t, some people in this world are trying to work and you think just because your on vacation you can get in the way of it!" ...apparently while we were inside a guy with a small food truck had backed up by us and was unloading food, after we got done getting chewed out by that guy the food delivery guy apologized to us and told us we were fine where we were, after that I went into the sled shop and pulled out my trail map and asked the guy which direction would be good to head for the best snow. He wouldn't tell me anything. But besides a few bad apples we have really enjoyed TML, its a very nice place and most of the staff is friendly.

I also really like West Yellowstone, the town itself is very nice and there is real good riding to be had, but its 20 miles of chopped up windy trail to get to it, and the amount of people on rental sled who have no idea whats going on on the trails is also frustrating and dangerous.

I have never rode in Utah and would like to put that on the list and I would also like to try McCall and Rabbit Ears.

Where is your favorite place to ride and why?

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
35 minutes from my house in the Chugach. Because I can have days like this at 7pm after work on a Tuesday.
0128e9325e485e9745ff54e3a6d386a5_zpsa1a3b619.jpg

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Best riding is in the middle of the night in SW Colorado with nobody else around, and if you do see someone, they're usually damn glad to see ya!

Groom.jpg

M

mnrmkrb

Oct 7, 2008
I too have ridden all over Wyoming, Cooke City, and West Yellowstone, the guys I ride with want to try some new areas so we are looking at Hahns Peak Roadhouse south of Steamboat Springs. If anybody has any insight on this place good or bad I would love to hear about it.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Wow, hard to pick a favorite. I've had the "best day ever" at many differnt locations, been fortunate enough to ride most of the western states and the UP.
Top 5 in no particular order:
Grand Mesa
Togwotee
Flattops
Chama, NM
and a new favorite Hatcher Pass, AK

Premium Features