• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where do I plug this spi tether into!

B
Jan 17, 2008
NorCal
I will try to help, hope someone else chimes in. Pretty sure on the wiring harness around the steering post you will separate a connector and put your tether in between those 2 separated connectors. As you can see in the pic it looks like it has a male and female connector so once you separate the harness connection it should plug right in to it on each side and can`t get it wrong only goes one way. Don`t see instructions or video to remember how to identify the connector but probably try to follow the key or kill switch wiring. Sucks but might have to remove hood to get a good look at it, not sure.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
@Bengalfan is right. You have to find where the handle bar wiring harness connects to the main wiring harness, disconnect them, and reconnect with the SPI in the middle.

I just helped my buddy put a tether on his 2014 M8000, said connector was found just in front of the gas tank. We had to pull the panels, hood, console, and unbolt the gas tank to slide it back a few inches. Tedious, but not hard.

On earlier models I think the connector is much more accessible, just behind the driven clutch.

Premium Features