• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your kids ride? Lets see some long tracked??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

frankensled

Nov 26, 2007
i started on a 1981 enticer 340 at age 5 then moved to a 02 mxz 500f. on my 13th birthday i got a 07 phazer mtn. lite and last year i got a 09 polaris rmk shift 600 155 im 14 now.
dont have very many good pics

Yellowstone2005007.jpg

YellowstoneChristmas20071062.jpg

TogwoteeSpringBreak09045.jpg

TogwoteeSpringBreak09028.jpg

TogwoteeSpringBreak09110.jpg

S
my 15 yr old lil bro rides my old rev 440, and my 11 yr old lil bro is currently on a doo 440f. Both of them ride my dads 800 summit, and my youngest bro especially likes it, but he likes pretty much any sled he rides more than his 440f....might be time for an upgrade.

S

Shred Master

Mar 14, 2008
im 17 and ride a o8 d7 155 and have a boondockers pg turbo and suspension mods been riding since i was 9 and i decided that i wanna pick up my game with this sledding stuff get super good...how can i get noticed by film companies because i wanna be i one soo bad no matter what i already set myslef up so i graduate at in feb so i can ride everyday until the snows gone

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I started on a 1984 Polaris 500 when I was about 12 to a '99 Poo 700 at 14 and am still riding it now....just with a few more mods :rolleyes: ;)

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i cant find anypics but this one of me back in the day, it wasnt mine it was my dads at the time, i got a xcr in my garage im working on, i dont know how i was able to squeeze that throttle on that xlt back in the day.

i had a 95 puma for a week but it was too slow, then got a early 90s prowler 440, when i was 14 or so went up to a 2000 xc 700, then a 2003 edge x 600. now am on a 2008 rmk 700.....

scan0024-1.jpg

P
Nov 26, 2007
I have a good kids sled I will part with very cheap no longer need it and it needs to be ridden. It is an old yami 300 enticer. Perfect for kids an adult can ride it also.

Regarding the thumb pull for kids. On this yami it was an issue. It turned out to be mostly the oil injector pump. Easy solution- disconnect it and run pre-mix.

M
Dec 16, 2008
Lacombe, Alberta
I last posted on this thread in December last year. Since then I have sold the 120 XC SP and bought a new Yamaha Bravo long track. Already swapped in an xtra-lite 136 skid, with lots of trial and error...... Also put on an SRX seat (Yamaha blue). Now I'm trying to work out the tunnel extension and front/rear bumpers before it's time to ride. The boy is nearly 7 and he is pretty pumped.

I really want to do something with the skis but I can't seem to find plastic skis or even skins to fit this thing with its leaf spring front suspension. I'm sure there are options out there and if any of you dads out there can give me a nudge in the right direction I would be grateful.

Any new mods for the kids out there???????

H
Nov 27, 2009
Moving up to tweener sleds

We have been thru a Kitty Kat, & Two Polaris 120's. Do not mod them it's not worth the time or $. We move all three Kids up to 340 Polaris Classics. Mostly because it kept my wife off my back worried about them on a too fast of a machine. They are hard to find. My two are for sale. List here online. My kids are now 15 & 16 and can handle 600's now. :eek:

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
starting out.....

My brother and I started out on some late '60s Arctic Cats, I can't even remember what they were. They would die everytime we tried to go out of the pasture. Then dad got us some old 292 Yamahas, they were more reliable and we ran the snot out of them. My brother then got a Bravo and rode it wide open or shut off. Then we got Exciters. I had a 340 and my brother got a 440. That ol 440 was a screamer..... Then we rode through a set of 4 SRVs until there was only one left running, took 4 to keep 1 usable in the end. Then I bought a 500SKS that I modded and rode hard for about 10yrs.

I am now in my 30s and still love those wedge Polaris'. I have very fond memories of riding up to lookouts with my parents and hitting rocks and stumps and such and then thrashing to put the machines back together. I think I cherish those experiences from my youth the most. Thanks dad.

M
Jan 23, 2009
Columbia Falls, MT
My daughter is now 8 years old. Both she and her sister which is two years younger have been beating the yard with their kitty kats since 3 yrs. old. Last year at age 7 she ran her first solo trail ride on a 87' Yamaha Invitor . Found the sled with less than 600 miles, electric start, 112" track, has warmers, big windshield, and adjustable set rest. Can't say enough good about this little bugger. Hauled my rear end and hers double the prior year (my sled was down) through Canyon Creek and up Big Mountain and back and didn't miss a beat. Turned more heads than with my super loud, mod, mountain max!

100_1344(1).jpg

Nov 28, 2007
Spruce Grove,Ab.
I last posted on this thread in December last year. Since then I have sold the 120 XC SP and bought a new Yamaha Bravo long track. Already swapped in an xtra-lite 136 skid, with lots of trial and error...... Also put on an SRX seat (Yamaha blue). Now I'm trying to work out the tunnel extension and front/rear bumpers before it's time to ride. The boy is nearly 7 and he is pretty pumped.

I really want to do something with the skis but I can't seem to find plastic skis or even skins to fit this thing with its leaf spring front suspension. I'm sure there are options out there and if any of you dads out there can give me a nudge in the right direction I would be grateful.

Any new mods for the kids out there???????

Hey MAP, check out Buck lake Bob. he was advertising old Skidoo skins this fall that should work for you. Try to post a picture of your bravo if you can.

D
Dec 9, 2007
hudson, south dakota
I started out on a 1984 Yamaha SS. I still remember dad coming in the yard and i saw a blue and silver sled in the back. I was happier than he!!. Best times of your lives. Really good running sled and very lite with power and good suspension. Ran that past 8000 miles until he got me on one of his ski-doos and thats all it took to stay on a ski-doo

P
Nov 26, 2007
If anyone is interested I have 2 good kids sleds I would sell. kids too big now

1. Yamaha enticer 300 it is exactly the same as a bravo but with 300 twin great first sled runs good but has not been used in 2 years.

2. Yamaha phaser with electric start runs good. this sled comes with a parts second phaser parts sled that was running at the time I started robbing from it but it had over 10,000 miles on it.

PM me if interested.

S
Nov 21, 2009
idaho falls, ID
i'm 16 and pretty small for my age but i can still throw around my 06 m7 162. i started out on a 91' phazer and then went to a 96' phazer with extended track. then when i was 12 i got a 02 mountain cat 600. this year my dad got a new sled so i moved up to the m7. super stoaked for this year. 137 miles this season already!:D
but best sled to learn on is that phazer. just until your big enough to start throwin stuff around and huckin some big gaps. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features