• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's the max track length for an old XLT?

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
Have a triple piped '94 XLT and enjoy riding it, but could use some help getting around in deep powder. Currently it has an Xtra10 skid in it with a 136" track and I'm curious what's the max track length that it could spin reasonably well. I'm not talking about highmarking everything in sight, just getting around well (or better) in the deep stuff. Tracksusa has extensions that go from 136 to 151 or 159. This is pretty much the last mod I'll do to this sled before buying something new, but will keep it as a spare.

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I installed a 151 on a 95 xlt special and changed the skid to the extra 10 from the 12 a couple of years ago. 151 with a big wheel kit. It made a world of diff. on the old sled. I don't think I would go any more than a 151 unless I had something longer laying around. Just not enough power.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I have seen a 159 on an xlt that was mostly stock. The guy geared it down quit a bit so it would only do 40 on the trail. Never saw it in action but heard it did OK.

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
My particular XLT has Holz suspension parts and Fox Shocks in the Xtra10 skid. Do I need to worry much about making adjustments when I kick it out from 136 to 151? Will the suspension perform much differently than it does now?

Premium Features