• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's going on with the clubs and any plans ??

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So with a new season right around the corner, I thought I would be kinda interesting to see what other snowmobile clubs and organizations have been up to and have planned for the year.

Our local club, The Rough Rider Snowmobile Association has been around since 1968 and continues to be active every year. The club signs and maintains the local trail system every year and typically puts on a few fun runs during the season. The club also does a couple club rides / trips every year ranging from a club ride in West Yellowstone to attending the Deadwood Shootout (snow cross) in Deadwood SD as a group. We also recently co-sponsored a "Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament", which turned out great and assisted with bringing additional funds into the club for the season. In the past we have done swap meets, snowmobile show and shines as well as assisting with putting on the ND Snowmobile Convention.

The club also has a great working relationship with the local Sheriff's Dept. as well as the local Emergency Management, which has opened doors for the club. In 2012, several members of the club were trained in basic search and rescue, medical training as well as other topics. Upon completion, the club members were officially "CERT" Certified which was "Community Emergency Response Team". The team can now works directly with local emergency services when in need and the primary focus is during winter emergencies. Since 2012 the teams have been called out during emergency winter weather, transporting medications, transporting medical staff and search and rescue operations.

While the CERT program has been around for years, the club was the first in the nation to take the CERT program to a new level and focus on winter emergencies. In 2017 the club was actually recognized for their efforts in this area by FEMA and given an award. The club continues to move forward in this area and for this upcoming year, they are looking at training additional members.

The club has also recently obtained a piece of property and building along our trail system, which will now serve as a warming house. Numerous updates have been done to the building and the renovations continue as we speak!!

One of the latest projects that I have been working on and just completed was a "'Rough Rider Hall of Fame" plaque. The plaque is now completed and we will be moving forward with nominations for past and current members to be inducted and placed on the plaque.

The club continues to be busy and we really have a great group of people that come together for the sport of snowmobiling!

So.......What's going on in some of the other clubs???????

5c685f41ea913977913f2e230a0c4640.jpg

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Wow, sounds like a very active club! Way to go.

Our club did a vintage grass drag this farm and it was a blast. Plus it raised some funds for the club. We’re looking for ways to keep growing and expand our reach.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes, that's exactly why I started this thread, it would be nice to hear from clubs, to give other clubs ideas on what is working and what hasn't been working.

I can tell you in our area, the snowmobile swap meets that we have done, went over but not as well as we hoped.

Seems like the fun runs, club rides our training and recently the Texas Hold'em have been our best ventures.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I found that running a club out west was vastly different than in the midwest. It wasn't bad starting up, everybody wants to join the cool new local club. Most just wanted to have the meetings at the bar so they could get smashed, meetings not at the bar had no attendance. That club eventually dissolved despite having many local sledders. The next closest club is more ATV based but they have the keys to the groomer for the area I ride. When I ran the club we tried to take that over but the groomer politics were like a high school drama. I even became involved with the state level people working hard on land use. When leadership began to compromise and cave I left the club scene, haven't belonged for a decade or more now. There are a couple poker runs each season but really? We have mtn riding out the back door and you want be to ride the trails for... fun? Different bunch, most way to independent to work in a club scene. That is my experience in SW Colorado anyway. The downside being we lose land regularly because we are unable to put out a unified voice... I tried.

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
I'm a member of the NW Glacier Cruisers out of Mt Vernon/Burlington WA. The Glacier Cruisers are very active in many things with a very active community involvement. Their home riding area is Mt Baker. Check out their facebook page for rides and other events. They are on the web as well.
I'm also a member of the Cascade Drift Skippers out of Issaquah, WA They ride the Cascades along the I-90 corridor and a whole lot more. Again, they are very active. I have been told there are club rides of some sort every weekend there is snow on the ground from now through March. You can find them on Facebook as well as on the web.
Both are great clubs with great people.

BigT

Nightsider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2019
Castle Rock, WA
Wife & I joined Trac Riders club mainly ride st. helens club is responsible for the new warming shelter @ marble mtn GREAT!! group of people. One of the cool things they do is a Vancouver blind school ride for the kids !!!! How brave those kids but they like to ride. I think its a nice thing to take a blind child out to enjoy the sport we all love :)

Premium Features