• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's a good degreaser for cleaning engine compartment?

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've got the engine out and would like to clean everything up before I put it back it. What's the best degreaser to use to make everything look new again?? Has anyone used anything with an acid in it to clean the engine compartment? We have some acid bath stuff that we use on semi trailers to give the aluminum a shiny look

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
Morado made by ZEP. Stuff is awesome. Doesn't appear to harm plastic either. I maintain a fleet of about 50 vehicles and use it daily. Super Clean by Castrol is a consumer product that is very similiar. Its good as well.

BigT

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
We have an industrial product called Grand Slam that works very well and doesn't harm plastic. I mix it around 50/50 in a spray bottle, let it sit for 10 mins then hit it with the pressure washer. Scrape all the heavy crap off first.

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
I hope you lube up the sled and pull cables after soaking the engine bay in de greaser.
I like to clean my sleds with compressed air, elbow grease and superclean

Gunk foamy engine brite works fantastic on my Fords

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
greased lightning! home depot sells it as well as some grocery stores. ive tried them all and this is by far the best. works better than westly bleech white for cleaning tires as well. this stuff is the shizzz..

Premium Features