• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Was Your Favorite Ride This Year?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
For me it was last week at Pilots Peak ID...and was the only! Got back out...been skiing with kids all year...and there is nothing like sledding for me...only second to raising my kids. Powder day...sun...fresh lines all day. Here's a good pic...blew a belt! Feel very fortunate to have this sport and the people in it...everyone I talked to was just awesome people. Cheers!

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
had a four day trip in IP and one day we did a trail ride with some people that had never ridden, we got back early and two of us took out my 99 zl600 with 136x2 track and 02 zr600 121x1.25 track and had a blast. normally ride a 18 mtn cat 162. it was fun to ride the old sleds and make a small hill a challenge. if the snow was better i would have picked a different ride but with the old sleds for a few hours a smile never left my face.

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
Not a particularly exciting story for the experienced folks out there, but perhaps relatable to most everyone: I took my 6 year old daughter out to Kings Hill in central MT where we ran into a friendly older couple that offered to show us around, as we're new to sledding and Kings Hill has a pretty extensive trail network. We covered a good portion of the trails in the immediate area, saw some meadows, wove through some trees off trail, and just got the general lay of the land. No technical riding - again, new to sledding and had my kid on the sled with me.

My daughter whooped and hollered when we were messing around and was totally silent (which never happens) for large chunks of time when cruising, just taking it all in. It was our first real trail ride as we were still learning and had been sticking close to the parking area & main trail up until that point.

The weather was amazing...calm winds, sun was out, neither of us got cold, and we just enjoyed the hell out of the day, very grateful for the conditions and the gracious riders. Just a very satisfying and enjoyable day.

Other than finally figuring out how to do a terrible sidehill later in the season, that was by far the best day. Since then, the weather was crap, the snow was crap, and/or one or more of us had crap gear, which made for some miserable sledding and a lot of frustration. Looking forward to being better prepared and more experienced next season so more days can be spent enjoying sledding as much as we did that one day!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I never got in powder all year but managed to get up a day or two after each storm
The best powder day of the year I was off but all three of my buds wouldn't go!
I think my best day was after just an eight inch storm and it cooked into the soggy base with the right amount of sun and heat

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
First day on my new khaos boost. 2nd week of Feb. Perfect snow and really good 3 man crew. We rallied super hard. sleds ran perfect all day and got into some rowdy terrain. Did a lot of driving this winter and had a number of mediocre rides but still had a lot of fun. Not selling my 22 until my 23 shows up this year I will say that!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
20 yrs later those firsts with all the kids through all the years become the sweetest rides.

Our best snow this year was a few miles out the front door, several good rides, favorite was watching my 15 yr old son pop out over a 3/4 mile bunch of trees minutes after a 30 yr old guy told him that hills too thick to climb.
Never told the guy that’s all my kids favorite spot.

Premium Features