• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What track to get?

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Finally got some snow and went out for a road ride. But ended up off trail and a sharp rock ripped my track.:cry: So am looking at an X3 but not sure if they have the center window option for the 174. Dont want to change my drivers. Havent heard many reviews on the conquer 280. Any thoughts on these two track?

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Ya it is dealer snow Tony. Have found spoty reviews on the 280. Hopefully can get the X3 with the center window. Not alot of options for the 174.

Last edited:
A
Dec 23, 2018
I have both a X3 and power claw on a Axys. The power claw replaced a 2.80 (worst track I’ve ever had) Both X3 and PC work good can’t go wrong with one of them.
Powder freaks drivers don’t do Avid

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony,
Taking the center hole out of the equation...
3” Powerclaw or x3 ???
Murph,
As you know I have both. The X3 has always been my go to track. The 3” PC is installed on my 850 And I don’t have enough time on it to say the same.
What I do know is that either one is leaps and bounds better than the Polaris 3”.
Guess I missed the boat of another manufacturer making center port drivers. I like the steel ring.

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I see it is available from tracks USA. Anyone have any thoughts on the 3.2? Might be able to get one at a good price.
In reality, there isn’t enough evacuation room to benefit from a 3.2” in the AXYS chassis. Cat or Doo absolutely.
Your belt life and clutching will suffer from a 3.2 instal.

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Thanks for all the input.? Think Im gonna pick up a 3.2, the price is too good. I remember a thread about tracks being cut down on the outer paddles and leaving the center paddle alone. Have to see if I can find it. Might give it a try on this one.:cool:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for all the input.? Think Im gonna pick up a 3.2, the price is too good. I remember a thread about tracks being cut down on the outer paddles and leaving the center paddle alone. Have to see if I can find it. Might give it a try on this one.:cool:
Yes, we did that on the Challenger tracks. Would be an interesting test on the 3.2.

A
Dec 23, 2018
X3 >3.2 had a 3.2 and it’s ok but not great spins to easy if you have hard packed base and it’s to close to the tunnel above and just doesn’t work as good.

Premium Features