• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What tools do you carry

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Just switched from Polaris - ben used to carry a bunch of tools due to poor experience without sleds. What tools do you carry in the backcountry for your doo?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Congratulations on your new Doo.

Just cover the basics. Really should not need much more than you may have already carried with your Polaris.

I too have that new skidoo tool kit, that fits in the accessory rear gas tank storage trunk. It is very nice.

A leather man, spare exhaust springs, various wrenches and sockets from 8-10mm to 16/17mm. That will allow you to handle the basics of tightening a track or re-adjust a steering post, etc. A good T25, and T30, or a compact set.

A Dandy saw, and pocket chain saw. You never know. A good tow rope. Good tape, even a little tie wire.

Most of this you probably won’t need. But it is amazing how often someone else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Congratulations on your new Doo.

Just cover the basics. Really should not need much more than you may have already carried with your Polaris.

I too have that new skidoo tool kit, that fits in the accessory rear gas tank storage trunk. It is very nice.

A leather man, spare exhaust springs, various wrenches and sockets from 8-10mm to 16/17mm. That will allow you to handle the basics of tightening a track or re-adjust a steering post, etc. A good T25, and T30, or a compact set.

A Dandy saw, and pocket chain saw. You never know. A good tow rope. Good tape, even a little tie wire.

Most of this you probably won’t need. But it is amazing how often someone else does.

Awesome - thank you. I think I carry waaaay too many tools for an almost brand new sled (the polaris). I think I will purchase the Doo tool kit and that should lighten my load a little. I do carry wire, tape, saws as well. So - should be good. Picking up my wife new Edge on Friday - so we'll be free of Polaris then. :)

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
^^^nice

These newer Doos have been virtually trouble free. I have not heard of very many serious issues since about 18. Feed ‘em oil, gas, hit the shot button and roll.

Miles of smiles.

In reality there is not much you can truly repair engine wise on these new sleds out in the woods. So no sense in carrying enough tool to swap a motor, unless that is specifically what the goal of the day is.

Premium Features