• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

What to Look For; 04 RMK 800 159

I'm going to go look at a 2004 Polaris Vertical Edge RMK 800 159 with new motor from Indy Specialties w/less than 200 miles on it. Has twin SLP pipes, fly bars, riser, powder pro skis, vent kit, 8" big wheel kit.

What should I look for that might be a problem or future problem?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Overall condition and maintenance frequency/quality.

Lack of maintenance is the biggest killer of a snowmobile.

Should be a fine machine otherwise. I had a 03 800 rmk stretched to 162 with twin pipes and only 1400 miles on it. I would highly recommend putting a holtzman atacc on it and never have to rejet again!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
BILTIT hit it pretty well, if it's been kept in tip-top shape, that's worth a lot. Having recently torn down an '03 800 RMK that hadn't been kept up so well (4700 miles, but still), here's what I found that wasn't obvious at first inspection: clutch weight bushings completely worn through, to the point of rubbing on the spider; driveshaft bearing nearly gone; front and rear torque arms bent (front especially; the rear I was able to massage back to shape). I'd say always do a compression check, pull the plugs and look at them and the cylinders, look over the clutches for abnormal wear. Also, look closely at trailing arms and radius arms, check for wrinkles in the tunnel, bulkhead, and belly pan – anything that would indicate a wreck. Good luck!

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Rear bogie wheels are toast at 2500 miles, if they have not been replaced with high quality bearings. Not the $2.50 bearings. The bottom of footwell may show buckling or cracks from an impact. Which would require reinforcing. The front left, motor mounts blow out faster with extra horsepower. The water pump axle end notch may be over ground from the oil pump. The oil pump may not turn smoothly. The center bolt in the chaincase lower gear, may be loose. Left side drive axle bearing may be toast because it requires regular greasing that few people do. And look for both front and the rear rear shock to need either refilling, rebuilding or replacement. And they aren't cheap.

Last edited:
Premium Features