• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do on extreme Avalanche days?

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Once up on a time I was a backcountry skier/snowboarder in the northern powder circuit of the Wasatch. I was really taught to conserve the terrian that we hiked a couple hours to get to. As a army of one this sport is like skiing and snowballing on adrenaline !!!!! I spent 7 of the last 9 days making tracks like these in the Uinta mountains. Just what i decided to do on high avalanche days. 7EC01C31-8E7F-47CD-829A-05FC07EE2435.jpegF0AF16E6-5B37-4E37-A4F6-590D1D6DF9AD.jpeg

Last edited:
J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I had a high avalanche danger day recently with a lot of new cold snow. I took the opportunity to go boondocking in a meadow that is too low to get good snow most of the winter. A buddy and I spent the day having fun in handle bar deep snow and getting stuck in tree wells. We say 8 other people all day. The advantage of a sled over skis is that sleds are still a blast on the flats well away from avalanche terrain.

Premium Features