• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should the voltage read on the tps when checking?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Do you have a problem? Just wondering, seen a ton of polaris TPS problems, but none on cats.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
If be interested in this too. I have a bog i cant seem to get rid of. Where are you checking this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
If be interested in this too. I have a bog i cant seem to get rid of. Where are you checking this?

The voltage is

Idle 1.12v ± 0.075v
Full open 4.416v ± 0.15v
CAUTION
Always disconnect the batter
y when performing resis-
tance tests to avoid da
maging the multimeter.

This is from the 20 service manual, another culprit maybe the mass air flow sensor as it is in the intake and maybe more vulnerable to moisture contamination.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The voltage is

Idle 1.12v ± 0.075v
Full open 4.416v ± 0.15v
CAUTION
Always disconnect the batter
y when performing resis-
tance tests to avoid da
maging the multimeter.

This is from the 20 service manual, another culprit maybe the mass air flow sensor as it is in the intake and maybe more vulnerable to moisture contamination.
Do you have a pinout or anything of what wires to check?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Do you have a pinout or anything of what wires to check?

Red green is the source, black blue is the ground, and white green is the signal. A simpler check you can do is unplug the tps and put an ohm meter on the ground and signal run the throttle open and closed slowly and watch the meter it should be smooth and stable if it is erratic or jumps around you may need to go deeper. The voltage check does the same thing but better with more effort.

Premium Features