• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Should I Get??

L
Sep 4, 2010
twin falls ID
Im in the market for buying new sled but i dont know what i should get. i need a good mountian and deep snow sled but im suck between the polaris dragon 800 163, the yamaha nytro 162, and the cat m8. what do you guys think would do the best?

C
Jan 24, 2009
i would agree if you want a two stroke. i just bought a nytro 162 and plan on turboing it. if you want a mountain killer that is 100 percent reliable get a nytro and turbo or supercharge it. just my opinion

L
Sep 4, 2010
twin falls ID
i was kinda leaning towards the nytro. but i also do really like the new pro rmk 800. i just cant decide what i really want. i dont really want an artic cat that much tho. what kind of turbo would you guys put on the nytro?

Putzy

Premium Member
Sep 30, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Depends what kind of riding you plan on doing. I like the cat's for boondocking, since they feel really light and are easy to balance on their sides. I found the XP's are a little more geared toward point and shoot and tend to climb a little better than the cats, but they are harder to boondock with. Haven't had a chance to ride the new pro RMK but hear good things. The Yamaha's are awesome with a turbo and will climb anything in a straight line, but feel really heavy unless the snow is deep. I'm sure people will argue with me but these are just my opinions. I ride a cat by the way and do mostly boondocking.

L
Sep 4, 2010
twin falls ID
ya i have heard that the cats dont weigh much. i have rode the pro rmk and its sweet but idk if i want it yet. i mostly just ride the hills and stuff so im not really set on a sled yet.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
i am a polaris man myself, but if you get a nytro then call Alan at ulhmer racing in yankton,south dakota. he also has ads in the back of snowest magazines. he know his stuff and only does yamaha 4 stroke sleds. just my .02cents

gunslinger770

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2006
North of Okanogan, Wa.
I'm generally a Polaris man myself........well, I say that.....actually if it's got two skis and a track I'm happy....

You wouldn't go wrong with any of them but I'd have to lean towards the M-8 after riding one in the steep and deep a few times......A Sno Pro 153"......If you haven't ridden one, I think you'd be impressed with how they pull up on top and float.....Not that the others won't.....just my 2 cents......

:face-icon-small-hap

Not a bad choice on any of them though!

willinwillys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2011
Spearfish,SD
Nytro if there built and set up right they will do everything any of the other sleds will do and won't have to put a motor in it every year

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Premium Features