• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What shocks work work the new matryx?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i saw a video review by eric vohk ,he said the suspensions on the ayxs and matrix are the same and shocks will swap over

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
i saw a video review by eric vohk ,he said the suspensions on the ayxs and matrix are the same and shocks will swap over
For the fronts and fts that is true, but the rear track shock will depend on reservoir mounting on the shock. The rear upper idlers got moved inward so certain model shocks will no longer fit. The Burandt Fox shocks had to be changed to accommodate this.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
For the fronts and fts that is true, but the rear track shock will depend on reservoir mounting on the shock. The rear upper idlers got moved inward so certain model shocks will no longer fit. The Burandt Fox shocks had to be changed to accommodate this.
he did say you could swap your carbon fiber skid if you wanted

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
he did say you could swap your carbon fiber skid if you wanted
I think it was a last minute change as they released the Matryx, possibly after that video was made. Burandt also initially said everything would swap directly, but later said Fox was redesigning the RTS to fit because of the idler wheel change.

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
I think it was a last minute change as they released the Matryx, possibly after that video was made. Burandt also initially said everything would swap directly, but later said Fox was redesigning the RTS to fit because of the idler wheel change.
Do you think it's too early to say fox resolved that issue?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I'm pretty sure they have, there was a Matryx RMK in their booth at Hay Days. Just make sure you order the Matryx model shocks.
would the matryx rear shock then be backwards compatible with the original Khaos skid? looking for new shocks for my Khaos skid, but would like to take them and put them on the Matryx next year

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Do you think it's too early to say fox resolved that issue?
Fox is working on it, the one at haydays had the older style rear axys arm to make it work. The shock caps they use are a forging and last I had heard when they first got a proto to do fitup was they had a plan it was just a long slow process to get it ready and into production.

So for guys wanting fox airs before mid winter your most likely going to need to run old axys rear arm and wheel combo. They are super cheap so it would be pretty good solution in the mean time. Or litterally just make some spacer tubes to push the wheels out on the existing one.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Fox is working on it, the one at haydays had the older style rear axys arm to make it work. The shock caps they use are a forging and last I had heard when they first got a proto to do fitup was they had a plan it was just a long slow process to get it ready and into production.

So for guys wanting fox airs before mid winter your most likely going to need to run old axys rear arm and wheel combo. They are super cheap so it would be pretty good solution in the mean time. Or litterally just make some spacer tubes to push the wheels out on the existing one.
Additionally.
The older style rear arm is going to be slightly stronger anyways.

Since it has not been turned down in diameter to match the bearing ID.

Premium Features