• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what new nytro front end for next year ?

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
my 08 nytro front end is completely shot after a few seasons . instead of buying new bushings and ball joints I'm thinking about a whole new front end . Just looking for some input on what or what not to get . light weight is the least of my concern , handing and strength are what I'm looking for the most.
my top pick as of right now is the Zbros with the Cr a arms in second . thanks!

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Interested to see what people have to say as well as im doing the same this summer. My choice right now is the Barkbuster but interested also in the westcoast one.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
These are the one I know about. Is there more? Pro & cons?

- Zbroz (maybe strongest?)
- Timbersled (well known, lightweight)
- West Coast Sleds (same as Tsled?)
- Alternative impact (uses stock spindles, adjustable caster, titanium opt.)
- CR Racing (stock spindle)

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Everybody talks about how the 2010 front end geometry is so great, which one of the aftermarket front end has the laid back angle of the 2010 sleds???? :face-icon-small-con

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Alternative Impact arms are probably the lightest, and you can adjust the geometry close to 2010 specs. Zbros are most likely the strongest, (these guys build race grade hardware)... and the geometry is completely redesigned utilizing all their own spindles/tie rods/ball joints etc.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Another factor to consider would be price,... the Zbroz kit will probably run close to 950.00,... the Alt. Imp. arms are right at 850.00 for ti, and 450.00 for chromo. Just remember you get what you pay for.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I just installed the bark busters on mine. Havn't had a chance to ride it yet though.
Install went well, and the fit and finish is top notch!
Bought it from OFT (thanks Scott!) I believe they are still on sale for 20% off.

BTW I'll be selling my stock XTX front end, same geometry as the 2010 sleds.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I just installed the bark busters on mine. Havn't had a chance to ride it yet though.
Install went well, and the fit and finish is top notch!
Bought it from OFT (thanks Scott!) I believe they are still on sale for 20% off.

BTW I'll be selling my stock XTX front end, same geometry as the 2010 sleds.

You're welcome Jake :)

Most Timbersled kits are currently 20% off. Not sure how long they weill be that way. If someone is looking for any of their products, OFT Racing is a Timbersled dealer.

scmurs

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have the westcoast on mine really happy with it i jump allot & it still looks like new i like there spindles better than the tsleds ones westcoast is all billet spindles.if i bought again it would be zbros first though they make great stuff.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I went with the timbersled bark buster after I found that my ball joints were completely shot. Yamaha wanted 80 bucks for the ball joint and 300 for each A-arm if it was out of spec too.

Budd hooked me up when I talked to him and gave me a really good price. Now I dont have to worry about the ball joints:) If one does go bad, they are MUCH easier to replace. It handles pretty good on the trails and in the trees...now I just need to pull the subframe next year and put a stronger one on there.

Installation was easy. Although I did have to get the hacksaw and a punch to get a lower A-Arm bolt out it wasn't too bad.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
thanks for the info guys! im not really concerned about weight savings but more so the ability to take out trees . ive seen the timber sled and the west coast customs front ends bend up pretty bad from minor hits . the Zbros is the route im thinking of going now . does any one know where to get a deal on one ?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
thanks for the info guys! im not really concerned about weight savings but more so the ability to take out trees . ive seen the timber sled and the west coast customs front ends bend up pretty bad from minor hits . the Zbros is the route im thinking of going now . does any one know where to get a deal on one ?

I would be interested as well. Ball joints and bushings every 300km is BS.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
oh yeah what widths is every one running on their front ends ? i like my sled tippy but not darty and tippy like the stock 08 front ends ?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
oh yeah what widths is every one running on their front ends ? i like my sled tippy but not darty and tippy like the stock 08 front ends ?
interested in peoples answers to this question. Thinking about dropping the coin for a timbersled front end, as it comes with all the bushings and what not.

Last edited:
D
Nov 1, 2008
Central Oregon
the Zbros is the route im thinking of going now . does any one know where to get a deal on one ?[/QUOTE]

The "DEAL" is obvious to me--They are expensive, but you get the quality for which you are paying.

Lots of aftermarket parts manufacturers have good ideas. Fewer have good designs. Even fewer yet have good ideas and designs and materials. And then when you get to the combination of good concept, good design, good materials and good manufacturing process, the list gets pretty short. Add onto those factors good customer service and support and there is a very, very tiny group of sled aftermarket parts sources which qualify in my opinion. Zbros is on that select list for me.

Recently I put a Zbros front end on my 08 Nytro MTX (162 EZ RYDE) sled. I was not disappointed. When I pulled out the OEM front end, I discovered I might as well have been running wet noodles for the suspension (But you all know that by now).

The Zbros front is TIGHT. The only slop which remains is from the few Yamaha parts which remain.

I could not be more pleased with the new front end. I mow down pine tree seedlings without fear now (well, still a little fear with my 08 subframe).

For the first time ski alignment makes a difference because I can actually get some alignment which is, and which runs, close to where I set it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Recently I put a Zbros front end on my 08 Nytro MTX (162 EZ RYDE) sled. I was not disappointed. When I pulled out the OEM front end, I discovered I might as well have been running wet noodles for the suspension (But you all know that by now).
Did you do a-arms, spindles, and shocks on?

Thanks for the info, they do make awesome stuff.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
interested in peoples answers to this question. Thinking about dropping the coin for a timbersled front end, as it comes with all the bushings and what not.

I ran the stock XTX front end (41"), it works well without the sway bar for mountains. This is basically what Yamaha did for the 2010 MTX SE.
I have the 42" barkbuster in it now, also without the sway bar. I did use thinner jam nuts on the ball joints to adjust them in as far as possible. To try and get back a little closer back to the 41" stance.
I also have the skies adjusted all the way in, on both set-ups
Still have to try it out though.
I prefer a little wider front end, then ditch the sway bars and run lighter spring/air pressures. So the front end will compress into a side hill, and still have the sled be a little more stable then the narrower ski stance.

From what I understand, the two different widths of front ends require different length shocks. I know the 41"-42" front ends use shocks that have 17 1/2" eye to eye length.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
i run a timbersled with 39" ski-stance and no swaybar, i would definately not get the wider stance if you like boondocking. If you do mainly trails go with the wider stance. there is no way a wider stance will boondock with a narrower one (been there done that). just my 2 cents though.

Premium Features