• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What mods you have done that you would do again?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
The mods I have done on my current Expert turbo that I had on previous sleds are.
1. Clutch kit
2. T-motion lockout
3. Finger throttle
I also added the 2” post forward kit on this sled, but never did it previously.
So far I really like it. With the new narrower ski stance, locking out the T-motion doesn’t seem to make it harder to lay over then my 2020 Expert was when it had its T-motion was working.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Clutch kit for sure.
Deep snow grips (can’t understand why they’re not stock).
Finger throttle-I just turn the stock one around and replace the grub screw with a thumb screw to easily rotate it back if needed.
Lower riser
Tunnel mount scratchers are another must have
Adjustable limiter strap as those don’t come on Freerides

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Clutch kit for sure.
Deep snow grips (can’t understand why they’re not stock).
Finger throttle-I just turn the stock one around and replace the grub screw with a thumb screw to easily rotate it back if needed.
Lower riser
Tunnel mount scratchers are another must have
Adjustable limiter strap as those don’t come on Freerides
I was thinking of trying some ski scratchers. I don’t want to drag around the removable snow flap.
Your idea of a finger throttle would work, but should have a guard in case of tree contact.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I was thinking of trying some ski scratchers. I don’t want to drag around the removable snow flap.
Your idea of a finger throttle would work, but should have a guard in case of tree contact.
I ran ski scratchers on my 16, I eventually got sick of them and took them off. Didn’t notice much difference in temps. Mine were the old style scratchers that attached to the ski spindle bolt. They would throw a lot of snow in my face in the spring time, they also caused my skis to twist from running them up when off trail.

C
Mar 15, 2018
Mods that I did to my 14 summit and would I put on new sled
1. post forward-no
2 finger throttle-no
3 phantom teth air-no
4 tom's e-motion QS3's-yes
5 aluminum brake reservoir-yes

K
Apr 12, 2018
The mods I have done on my current Expert turbo that I had on previous sleds are.
1. Clutch kit
2. T-motion lockout
3. Finger throttle
I also added the 2” post forward kit on this sled, but never did it previously.
So far I really like it. With the new narrower ski stance, locking out the T-motion doesn’t seem to make it harder to lay over then my 2020 Expert was when it had its T-motion was working.
I added a Let's go Brandon sticker to the hood. Hope to offend every skinny jean wearing soy boy out there.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the factory throttle works great as a finger throttle and i don't ride in the trees but a guard is always a good idea.

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
Ice-age bomber rails are a definite for me! (I have bent my last 4 sets)
Larger grips because the expert grips are a little small for me.
Diamond-S titanium can.
Muff pot.
Front and rear bumpers.
Full skid plate.
USB outlet.
Grip and rip engine alignment and torque stopper.
Xtreme air vents covers and extra air.
Deviant Inc. for wrap.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Ice-age bomber rails are a definite for me! (I have bent my last 4 sets)
Larger grips because the expert grips are a little small for me.
Diamond-S titanium can.
Muff pot.
Front and rear bumpers.
Full skid plate.
USB outlet.
Grip and rip engine alignment and torque stopper.
Xtreme air vents covers and extra air.
Deviant Inc. for wrap.
I also have a Diamond-S titanium can, and muff pot.
I went with the Extreme skid plate, because the full skid collected snow and ice.
I should probably get larger grips the Expert grips are small for me also.

Has anyone else noticed the heated hand and thumb warmers to vary A Lot in there heat output?

D
Dec 17, 2018
1: Postforward. Will never run without it again.
2: T-motion delete. Put C-motion on last year and it's great.
3: Brp deep snow performance grips. I can hold on to the bars with alot less "clamping force".

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Santa is bringing me a post forward kit for christmas, can't wait to try it out. turning these sleds full lock feels so awkward..

I did the full grip n rip kit, I would always add strength and rigidity to a sled when/where possible, BMP rear bumper, I love the removable snowflap as we do a lot of trail riding, got to have a shorter riser, I added RS spindles, I don't think I could go back. it changed the entire feel of the sled and i really like it so far, I added a bar pad as well because I need to go to work on Monday, I have yet to install the adjustable limit strap but I think I'm gonna love the extra adjustability, I'm also adding some basic scratchers as I can't keep a set of BRP scratchers on my sled for more than a half dozen rides, My sled came with C-motion, and I love it, I'd probably add it to a summit too if I bought one.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Post forward mod, combined with adjustable riser. Done 2 of them and I think they definitely make it easier for me to balance on my sled to steer it in a carve. When we're doing clutch testing, i get on 2 other similar sleds to drive and feel how their sleds go, but at the same time, perform the same kind of, carving circles, and yes their suspensions are setup a bit different but i have less balance-to-steer feeling on their sleds.

C
Mar 15, 2018
When I went post forward on my '14 it was because I had busted the post and it needed to be replaced anyway. Can't say that I noticed any difference but that could have been from lack of experience. Was out riding with some buddies and I asked one, who is a VERY experienced rider to give and a try. He said He had risen XM's before as he had a couple of them (was riding a Gen4 at the time). I told him to give it a go anyways so he did. We were in a meadow so he didn't do any climbing, just a few doughnuts and carving here and there. When he came back I asked him what he thought (He did not know I had put a post forward in it) and he said, yup, it's an XM. He made no mention of a different feel in any way. I am a bit gun-shy of buying aftermarket "improvements" as I too often find them more hype than substance. Things that others say "makes a whole different sled out of it" I try and can't say I really notice much, if any difference. Even when I put the Toms E-motion with the QS3's with lockout in my XM, rode better on the whopped out trails but otherwise......eh. I had guys try that out without telling them and nobody ever mentioned that they noticed anything out of the ordinary when riding off trial. Maybe I expect too much, maybe I am just "numb" and can't feel anything, maybe I am just To green, I dunno.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
When I went post forward on my '14 it was because I had busted the post and it needed to be replaced anyway. Can't say that I noticed any difference but that could have been from lack of experience. Was out riding with some buddies and I asked one, who is a VERY experienced rider to give and a try. He said He had risen XM's before as he had a couple of them (was riding a Gen4 at the time). I told him to give it a go anyways so he did. We were in a meadow so he didn't do any climbing, just a few doughnuts and carving here and there. When he came back I asked him what he thought (He did not know I had put a post forward in it) and he said, yup, it's an XM. He made no mention of a different feel in any way. I am a bit gun-shy of buying aftermarket "improvements" as I too often find them more hype than substance. Things that others say "makes a whole different sled out of it" I try and can't say I really notice much, if any difference. Even when I put the Toms E-motion with the QS3's with lockout in my XM, rode better on the whopped out trails but otherwise......eh. I had guys try that out without telling them and nobody ever mentioned that they noticed anything out of the ordinary when riding off trial. Maybe I expect too much, maybe I am just "numb" and can't feel anything, maybe I am just To green, I dunno.
After riding yours for a while jump on a stocker if you can't tell a difference you might still be green

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador

I know guys who never play with adjustable components, ex: limiter strap, spring pre-load, ski stance etc.. and they are happy go lucky no matter what the setting. I love seeing what a little change here and there will do to the handling/performance of the sled.. Its just a personal thing, ya gotta do whatever makes you happy.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I’m holding judgment on the post forward kit until I have a few hundred miles on, but so far I think it’s a winner. My clutch kit from iBackshift seems spot on, and will wait until I’m able to compare to other like sleds to see if it is the nuts or not. But the Turbo Expert in general has surpassed my expectations!

Premium Features