• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What makes our Tunnel Bag standout from others.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We built our first tunnel bag in 2009 some of the key features were shovel storage, compartmentalized internals, hold downs, hot/cold barrier and most importantly Made in the USA.

Our second generation bag improved on that design and was released in 2013. Since then we've set the standard for Tunnel Bags in the industry. The big difference with ours is its Made in the USA!

All our bags share many of the same features and I'll list them below. The hours we've tested these bags in every condition gives us the confidence to say you won't be disappointed in our product.

99% waterproof
What does that mean? It means under normal winter riding conditions the content of the bag will stay dry.
When isn't it waterproof? Spring conditions where the snow is slushy and can sit on the bag melting and of course if you submerge it.

Construction
All of our universal bags have a hard plastic bottom with a raised center portion allowing full air flow around the bag. This eliminates condensation build up in the bag since the hot tunnel mix with the cold air in the bag.

P9118959_tn.jpg

Materials are picked based on their strength and ability to keep water from the content of the bag.

Features
- HDPE Plastic bottom
- Shovel Pouch on top of the bag (mountain riders it is recommended that you carry a shovel on your person at all times)
- Handle storage on the side
- External pouch for smaller items
- Internal pouch on the lid
- Internal side pouches
- Elastic hold downs for items that don't get used often
- Elastic loops built into the hold downs for water bottles
- Internal mesh roll up for tools
- Side release buckles for quick removal.

P9118976_tn.jpg

Size options

Maximum Storage

Elevation
  • Approximately 1650 cu. in.
  • Approximately size: 14" wide x 16" long x 7.5" tall
Elevation_LOW.jpg

Elevation COMPACT
  • Approximately 1250 cu. in.
  • Approximately size: 14" wide x 12" long x 7.5" tall
Elevation Compact (1)_LOW.jpg

Low Profile Option

Altitude 16
  • Volume: 900 cu.in.
  • Dimensions: 14" wide x 16" long x 4" (without shovel pouch)
P9192512AA.jpg

Heavy Duty Tool wrap included with Altitude 16 bag.

P5189837AA_tn.jpg

Altitude 16 Matt Entz edition Wolf Creek (No shovel storage)

Wolf Creek (2)_LOW.jpg

Altitude 24
  • Volume: 1350 cu.in.
  • Dimensions: 14" wide x 24" long x 4" (without shovel pouch)
Altitude 24 (3)_LOW.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think ur bags r great. Do u have a plan for a rigid mount?
Only reason i won't own one is the mounting system. I prefer solid mounts not straps.

Sent it

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I bought mine used, but basically new from the swapmeet on here. At the time I couldn't bring myself to spend double on a new one. After having it for 3 seasons, there is no doubt it is worth the price. No other bags compare in functionality and durability.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Bought mine the first year you made them and I've had it on 6 different sleds. It's almost time for a new one.View attachment 332836
I bought mine used, but basically new from the swapmeet on here. At the time I couldn't bring myself to spend double on a new one. After having it for 3 seasons, there is no doubt it is worth the price. No other bags compare in functionality and durability.

Thank you both for the testimonials.

J
Mar 8, 2019
@Sled Solutions will you guys be at the utah show? I’m picking up my new sled this weekend I was gonna get the cat bag when I do. If you’ll be there and I can see you bags in person I’ll hold off. I second the hard mount For me it’s a must.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
@Sled Solutions will you guys be at the utah show? I’m picking up my new sled this weekend I was gonna get the cat bag when I do. If you’ll be there and I can see you bags in person I’ll hold off. I second the hard mount For me it’s a must.

Sorry we will not be at any of the western shows.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We are confident enough in what we have coming now that we can at least let everyone know.

We will have new mounting options for all our tunnel bags. Linq and Polaris slot quick release kits are coming the beginning of December. No pictures to share as of yet but watch for them in the next couple weeks.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Curious how you mounted with the LinQ system. Does the base have holes already to attach LinQ mounts?

I bought a rack from a guy here in Montana that was drilled and tapped for LinQ mounts mounted it then attached the bag to it. It actually worked out pretty good as the bag is easily removed from the rack and then there is space for other stuff if need be. The old bag's bottom is a lot different than the current one.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Premium Features