• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Helix?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
I don't have any firsthand experience, but have heard the 56-42-36 might work well on the Silber 850. Anyone tried this?

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Don't start mixing and matching and making up your own kit unless you really like tinkering and finding out the hard way. Silbers setup is pretty solid out of the box but has room for improvement with some full packages from other vendors.

message @TRS for IMO some of the best running clutching on the market.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I guess I'm the oddball because I had a horrible experience with Silber. Their clutching was a belt eater for me, among other issues. Get ahold of TRS Tony and he'll hook you up with the best clutching at a great price.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Tony hasn't done any testing with the 850 and a Silber. Hoping he has a chance to come up with a killer package this winter.

The 56-42-36 helix suggestion was from one of the guys that works closely with Silber and runs a few 850's.

Again, no experience myself, but this was the Helix that was running well on the 800 also I believe.

We have run Silbers on 4 or 5 different 800's. Some do well with the recommended clutching, others seem to chew up belts or break springs. Silber included a helix in the kit until 2016.

Last edited:
Premium Features