• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what handlebar risers do you use?

K
Oct 16, 2008
Northern BC
On my 01 mxz 800 I currently have a 2" riser. No where even close to right for my 6'3" height. When I stand I need to lean forward and I find it tires me out VERY quick. I did buy my sled for both on/off trail riding. I was thinking a 6" riser might help for my off trail riding, and not be to akward for trail riding. What do you guys think. What do you use?

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
I use a PowerMadd pivot, 8 inch riser and the flat Rev bar. I am 6 foot and this is perfect for me.
Sledding002.jpg

F
Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, WY
On my 01 mxz 800 I currently have a 2" riser. No where even close to right for my 6'3" height. When I stand I need to lean forward and I find it tires me out VERY quick. I did buy my sled for both on/off trail riding. I was thinking a 6" riser might help for my off trail riding, and not be to akward for trail riding. What do you guys think. What do you use?

http://americancycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=4093
Da bomb. Even a six inch rise is going to change your trail riding. It's all a compromise. If you do go higher on the bars, I'd suggest getting your seat reworked or buying a new one that's a bit taller. You can try strapping on some foam to figure out what you'd want. Try riding a newer sled like the rev or xp if possible- it'll tell you alot about your sled as far as rider position goes.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kuna
You are on an 01 MXZ 800 and want to still ride trail.
For that application about 6" should set you up about right.
Also, you will want to go straight up, rather than be pushed back by adding a block that sits at the same angle of your steering post.

So to set yours up and to keep an eye on the cost as well,
I'd look at a set of 6" riser bars.
We have the 6 1/4" rise Tag bars in a nice bend for the sleds for $79.99
We've got the highest quality extended throttle cables available today, and the RSI extended brake lines, the RSI hi-powered grip heaters, along with the entire RSI line of controls and risers, bars, etc.
Check us out at www.gravityworxracing.com

Premium Features