• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What goggles dont pinch nose?

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
I need some goggles that allow me to breath through my nose.
509 X5 are really tight around my nose.
Aviators are just somewhat bad.
I have a pair of Dragon something or other that are unwearable.
I have a larger head, but my nose is not huge or anything.

Any suggestions to try?

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
I need some goggles that allow me to breath through my nose.
509 X5 are really tight around my nose.
Aviators are just somewhat bad.
I have a pair of Dragon something or other that are unwearable.
I have a larger head, but my nose is not huge or anything.

Any suggestions to try?

Scott Snowcross LCG. They have a cut out for your nose. I love them!

I have same problem with nose pinch. Makes me light headed when I can’t breathe through my frickin nose! The LCGs fixed my issue.

I was a die hard Oakley guy. I have 23 different pairs. Finally tried the LCGs specifically because of the nose relief area. The quick change lense system works well. Wish lenses were easier to get though.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Make sure you get the snowcross version. The ski version does not have the roost deflector on outside of goggles across your nose. This helps keep your nose tip warm at high speed.

Both ski and snowcross versions have face foam recess area around nose.

Last edited:

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I use Breathe rite strips while riding helps with that. I also find it helps me breathe better. I run Klim goggles and have a pair of Abom's that are awesome they don't pinch. Had the same trouble with the 509's I cut some of the foam away and that didn't seem to help.

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
I hear ya, My 509 goggles are horrible for it, At this point I'm completely done with anything from 509. Everything I've bought from them ends up in the garbage. Just bought the Klim viper pro goggles and gonna try them out this weekend but they feel pretty good so far.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
ef5f5baefb5abeba62c37b3d58bf1e1e.jpg

fdf246bc716cf2f21df5aa6be3cc029a.jpg

423e3e5d23e3cee5cc044261262c785f.jpg
abc37f660ef5e1dbe9fc982aeebbcb60.jpg

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
  • FOV+ FRAME GEOMETRY FOR MAXIMUM FIELD OF VIEW
  • TRI-TESTED POLYCARB UV400 DUAL LENS
  • FOGTECH HD ANTI-FOG LENS COATING
  • TRIPLE LAYER BREATHABLE FACE FOAM
  • INCLUDES PREMIUM CLEANING CLOTH/STORAGE BAG
  • STRAP OUTRIGGERS*
  • SNOWMOBILE-SPEC OVERSIZED FACE FOAM*
  • AIR FORCE INDUCTION (A.F.I.)*
  • 46MM WIDE GOGGLE STRAP*
    * FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO VIPER PRO.

*On VIPER PRO Models Only

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
This nose pinch thing is a little strange to me. I've been wearing helmets and goggles for 51 years and have never noticed nose pinch. Just got me thinking, could it be your helmet pushing your goggles down on your nose???

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Also note the Scott Goggles are made in Ogden Utah. That’s not important to many these days. But it is important to me!

Definitely NOT China junk!

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
My cheap scott hustle snocross goggles work great no pinching, the LCG look top notch! After seeing my buddy fight with 509s ill never buy their goggles.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
This nose pinch thing is a little strange to me. I've been wearing helmets and goggles for 51 years and have never noticed nose pinch. Just got me thinking, could it be your helmet pushing your goggles down on your nose???
Yeah I think that has something to do with it. But if I have the goggles up higher so it doesn't push on my nose so much, my bottom eyelashes catch the foam when I blink. I think the goggles are just to tall and the nose cutout isn't deep enough and wide enough.

Those LCG look nice, but kind of hard to come by. You guys have certain vendors that carry them? Ideally Id like to try a pair on with my helmet, but I don't think thats going to happen around here.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Yeah I think that has something to do with it. But if I have the goggles up higher so it doesn't push on my nose so much, my bottom eyelashes catch the foam when I blink. I think the goggles are just to tall and the nose cutout isn't deep enough and wide enough.

Those LCG look nice, but kind of hard to come by. You guys have certain vendors that carry them? Ideally Id like to try a pair on with my helmet, but I don't think thats going to happen around here.

Amazon.. if nobody local

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
kingpins. bought a pair because my x5's pinch my nose. x5's are going and replacing all 6 pairs with kingpins. only thing with kingpins is the tip of my nose touches the nose piece, but that is miner.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I have a huge snout. I Pretty much have tried every brand and always end up going back too scott. They are by far the most comfortable for me.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
So I ended up buy a pair of Scott LCG and a pair of Scott Prospect. They both fit good around my nose. The LCG also have most of the venting on the top so Space between googles top and helmet is crucial or bad fogging occurs. One of my helmets has a flat end there and didn't let enough air in. My 509 helmet is more angled and lets a good amount of air in. The prospect has more vents in the lens and lessens the fogging.
I like the extra lens that comes with the LCG, lets you switch out for more or less sun. I paid $118 on Amazon.
I actually like the Prospect googles a little better. That maybe because the lens color was better in some seriously bad flat light we had. IIRC they are Rose colored. Did not come with a second lens. I paid $63 on Amazon.

The fitment is much much better for my face vs X5 or Aviators.

Thanks for the advice! I will likely pick up a pair of Vipers this off season as well when I find a sale.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
So I ended up buy a pair of Scott LCG and a pair of Scott Prospect. They both fit good around my nose. The LCG also have most of the venting on the top so Space between googles top and helmet is crucial or bad fogging occurs. One of my helmets has a flat end there and didn't let enough air in. My 509 helmet is more angled and lets a good amount of air in. The prospect has more vents in the lens and lessens the fogging.
I like the extra lens that comes with the LCG, lets you switch out for more or less sun. I paid $118 on Amazon.
I actually like the Prospect googles a little better. That maybe because the lens color was better in some seriously bad flat light we had. IIRC they are Rose colored. Did not come with a second lens. I paid $63 on Amazon.

The fitment is much much better for my face vs X5 or Aviators.

Thanks for the advice! I will likely pick up a pair of Vipers this off season as well when I find a sale.

I use Klim Arctic balaclava with the LCGs.. which will deflect breath 100%. Use Klim Glacier balaclava on warm spring days. Only other way they will fog is if you are too hot and your face is sweating. Drop a layer or open coat vents. If you are sweating all goggles will fog. Find the balance of layers that works for you. Leave truck a little cold. You will warm up as you ride. Pack extra fleece for upset situations.

Premium Features