• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What gears with a 159?

T
Dec 14, 2007
Hey guys I'm getting ready to swap out my old tore up 151 for a 159. I ordered up my rail extension and some 8inch wheels. Sled has stock gearing in it now.
Sled is a 01 RMK 800. twin pipes, V-force 3 reeds, gutted air box, slp clutching. Sled runs 7-9000 feet. Lets here some ideas on gearing. I figure if I have the chain case apart for the track swap I might as well do it.Thanks...Jason

T
Dec 14, 2007
thanks for the help guys. Sounds like leave the 19 on the top and go 42/43 on the btm. I'll probably try the 43 as long as I don't have to clearance the case to do it. My other question would be. Can I just buy the one gear and swap it out or should I replace both gears and get a new chain? I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to run a new gear on a old chain. Also does anyone have a 42/43 that they would want to sell or now of a good place to get one? Thanks again....Jason

Premium Features