• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What fasteners for Polaris skid plate on '14 Pro RMK?

N
Sep 22, 2002
What type of fasteners should one use to install a Polaris accessory skidplate on a '14 Pro-RMK?

FYI, the skid plate did not come with any fasteners (it was a used item).

Thanks

N
Sep 22, 2002
The Polaris website does not show any skid plates that fit a '14 Pro RMK 155...can this be correct? It's hard to imagine that they would not make a skid plate for this year/model.

Has anybody put a polaris accessory skid plate on this sled? If so, how did you attach it?

Thanks

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
The skid plates come usually come with rivets for mounting. Large flange, think they were 1/4" x about 1/2"long. At least for my NON PRO, RMK. Although for the bottom two, I used a #10 bolt, and nylock nuts. Because I also installed a extreme front bumper so the rivets wouldn't have been long enough.

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Rivets on the front, bolts on the bottom with a nylock nut.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I used self tappers with blue thread lock on alum bulkhead, and rivets for plastics on 3 prorides. Worked perfect. Predrill carefully.

T

Troutfrea

Dec 8, 2020
Resurrecting this old thread. Quick question as I am putting a used skid plate my sled. What size self tapper would you recommend for the back screws? I did watch this video and I understand this is for a newer sled but they look about an inch in length. Does that sound about right? .

Premium Features