• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What ECU should i get or not ?

B
Apr 2, 2012
I HAVE A 2020 450 XCF , WORRIED ABOUT OVERFUELING AT LOW TEMPS. IN THE PCF NW , 3 TO 6 THOU ON ELEVATION. IN THE DEEP , HARD TO KEEP IT AT TEMP. DO I NEED A ECU ? IF SO , WHICH ONE ?

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
brad1960, I only have experience with three pr2 vortex ecus. Ive used a vortex on two ktms and one yamaha. Vortex did not work well with changing altitude on my yamaha 2017, I went back to stock and still never any fuel dilution but, I ran warm coolant temps 90 percent of time.. Both ktms work excellent with the vortex ecu and I have never had a hint of fuel dilution with either although again, I run good temps 90 percent of time. If you have any fuel dilution with stock ecu I think the vortex box would help. I'm led to believe the stock box has cold enrichment capacity and the snowbike programmed vortex does not. I can't say in my case it solved a fuel dilution issue because I never ran the stock ktm boxes very long. But I can say that even on those days that keeping temps up are difficult I still had no fuel in oil with the vortex box. FWIW.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
If you put a heat exchanger on your bike and wrap it tight/cover all parts of the engine and run 180 to 195 temps in all conditions your KTM will not over fuel and you will have a faster more powerful bike than letting it run from 120 to 250 battling changing snow conditions. A lot less money to set your bike up for the snow than trying a box band aid that won't cure the problem. You only need a box if you do some serious engine mods. I have seen nice engine mod success and adding fuel with a box, only when you finally address the engine temp dilemma, ditch the radiators and turn a dirt bike into a snow bike.

P
Nov 30, 2013
PR2 was garbage and the support is Horrible , C3 works very well . Raze is horrible stock ran better.
I couldn't disagree more but im not bitter. Support has definitely trailed off but as for mapping and performance the two ive owned so far have preformed well. The C3 im currently running is definitely working as well and support is better so id go that way if I was looking right now

Premium Features